Not open for further replies.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The 2023 Best Buck Mule Deer Photo Contest by Kryptek

1/8/24 Update. Member voting is open
here

IMG_1628.jpeg

We're back! This is the 8th year of this contest and is bound to be the best.

Our friends at Kryptek have put up a $500 gift certificate for the 1st place winner!

IMG_1589.png
For 2nd place, long-time sponsor Phone Skope stepped up with a great prize package:

-Phone Skope Case
-Phone Skope C3 Optic Adapter
-Phone Skope Lens Cap
-Bino Loops
-Cleaning Cloth

IMG_1630.jpegIMG_1631.jpeg

For 3rd & 4th place, winner’s choice of one of my books:

Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life
Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories

This is NOT a biggest buck contest, but a "Best Photo" contest. The winning 2023 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

*to note you can't enter a photo for someone else. They must enter it themselves (per rules #4-6) , otherwise the guides and those with big families/friend circles would have better odds. There is a MEAT POLE thread for those images, and those not contest quality.

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the buck, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a buck harvested fair chase in 2023 or after December 10th of 2022--you must be able to prove date of harvest)

5) Between archery season and December 10th, post up your best harvest photo on this thread

6) Must be a Rokslide member to enter your photo of your buck. One photo per buck only. If you harvest multiple bucks, you can enter one photo for each

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kryptek use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

If you want to see the 2022 finalists and get an idea of what we're looking for, click HERE

Last edited:

Austin Kaufman

Lil-Rokslider
0ec78eaa17ccb0791ffdd7b74011dc76.jpg

2023 Western Nebraska muley. Set up on an ambush spot on a trail intersection, walked right to me 16 yard frontal, went 10 yards. Best part my wife was sitting with me! Pretty memorable hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.