2023 Colorado Assault Weapons Ban[emoji35]

NYT article on Montana politics would seem to suggest I am a bit premature in calling that state tilted left but, as I travel in and read about western states, it still seems to me that they are heading down a colorado-ish path based on new arrivals and their wealth and influence.

Its ok, the paid everyone a ton of money to ruin the Mountain sides and valleys building their houses !!!

Like Esau selling his birthright for a single meal of scraps, we too have ruined our children's future in the west for short term profits...but thats really the summary of the entirety of America now

Any idea why a person leaves a state because of politics and then supports the same politics they moved away from?

I am happy to say West Virginia has made a complete turn around and is about as red as you can get. State government is close to 100% republican. Is it perfect? No. But firearms and 2A is safe and protected here.

Yes, but every unconstitutional law is just words on paper until law enforcement takes action. Don't forget who will be doing the actual "taking" of our guns.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Without the boots, the suits are completely powerless. Theyll screech all day about how their just doing their job and enforcing the laws, they dont make them. But some diverse person in whatever state office isnt the one coming to personally kick your door down.

I saw 2020, i saw who the cops arrested, and it wasnt the ones burning the homes and business down. Yet everyone still falls for the left/right distractions and keeps falling for these charlatans who say their red and accomplish literally nothing but talk. at least the left takes action for what they believe in, laws be damned, of course they have the institutions which make it easier, but they also have balls

We do not. But vote for Trump or DeSantis and keep listening to Ben Shapiro...im sure theyll actually do something one of these days so we dont have to.1672072291619455m.jpg

I can’t believe you even typed that!

The gun control legislation is a very slippery slope, always has been. You honestly think AR’s are a problem? It’s the most popular gun in the US, if that gun was the problem then we would see more than we do. What type of gun kills the most people in the US? I’ll give you a hint….not an AR. Does a knife kill more people in the US than guns? 4 people in Idaho were just killed a while ago with a knife…where’s the outcry to ban them? After all, 4 people is a mass casualty event. Have any cars been intentionally used in the recent past to kill multiple people? What about bombs? What about hands and feet? Want to take a guess how many they kill a year?

As stated above California has tough gun laws but look where they rank in “mass” shootings. What about Chicago?

I bet you’re ok with needing a permit and taking a class in order to attempt to buy a gun as well? Here’s my thought on this since I live in Oregon and I’m going through this right now. I shouldn’t have to, owning a gun is a right, not privilege. I’m not trying to get a drivers license…which is a privilege.

I have a great idea. How about we also write a law that says you need to take a test and get a permit in order to practice religion. How about we do the same to practice free speech? How does that sound? I’m sure that would go over real well. Throughout history religion and free speech have been the catalyst to more loss of life than anything else. Just think about all the mean things that people say to each other. How many times do we hear about the reason for these shootings, and killing in general, is because someone marginalized someone else and “revenge” was taken against that person? Would a permit and test for free speech eliminate all of that? No you say? Oh ok, but I guess a permit and test will stop people from shooting others though.

Btw, if it’s the gun that does the killing I guess we can just send guns to war and not any soldiers. The guns will just kill the enemy on their own. Same as blaming people for being overweight because of a fork. It’s never the instrument, it’s the person.

Oh, and if we really want to save our kids how about we get a handle on the drugs coming across our border? #1 killer of people 18-45 is drugs, over 100,000 killed last year. How many years would it take for killings with AR’s to equal 100,000? That’s over 300 people per day dead from drugs!
Well said, thank you for that.

"The Police." Who are they?

I've been a police officer for over 20 years and have never violated anyone's Second Amendment rights. Much less killed them for it. Nor has any officer in my agency during my tenure. Not once.
They were the law enforcement that were confiscating firearms in New Orleans during the Katrina flood. It is my understanding that the crooked mayor gave the order and the police did violate the 2A rights of many

They were the law enforcement that were confiscating firearms in New Orleans during the Katrina flood. It is my understanding that the crooked mayor gave the order and the police did violate the 2A rights of many
Okay, so “The Police” are the New Orleans PD? That’s an organization with no authority outside the City of New Orleans.

Do you live in New Orleans? Is your mayor crooked? Who is your chief? Your sheriff? What are their positions?

“The Police” is not some homogeneous entity.

Last edited:
Okay, so “The Police” are the New Orleans PD? That’s an organization with no authority outside the City of New Orleans.

Do you live in New Orleans? Is your mayor crooked? Who is your chief? Your sheriff? What are their positions?

“The Police” is not some homogeneous entity.
You asked the question, and in this case 'the police' were the N.O. law enforcement. Not sure if it was city cops or sheriff deputies, but it was 'cops' doing the confiscation (following orders). Law suits were filed and years later, it was ruled that they government violated constitutional rights, specifically the 2A.
No, I do not live in that shit hole and never would.

And the N.O. mayor ray nagin of that period went to prison for corruption. So violating citizens rights don't surprise me.

You asked the question, and in this case 'the police' were the N.O. law enforcement. Not sure if it was city cops or sheriff deputies, but it was 'cops' doing the confiscation (following orders). Law suits were filed and years later, it was ruled that they government violated constitutional rights, specifically the 2A.
No, I do not live in that shit hole and never would.
if my memory is correct it was cops, national guard and coast guard.

Back