2023 New Hunting Rifle Options

Rzbck32

FNG
Tikkas are great for the price. Many new options the last few years like cerakote/ threaded barrels.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for the suggestions and opinions all. I picked up a stainless Tikka T3X Lite today in 30-06. Looking forward to tinkering with it and upgrading it throughout the years.
I have a t3x lite 30-06 that I had cut back to 18”. I shoot it with a silencer and I also put a limb saver as well as a few other upgrades. Is an absolutely awesome rifle.

I weighed similar options not so long ago and landed on a Weatherby Mark V Hunter, which I’d happily recommend to anyone. Cerakote over stainless, Triggertech trigger, great action, 6 lbs bare, and within your price range. Although Weatherby guarantees sub- MOA accuracy, I might’ve gotten lucky as mine is a real shooter, frequently printing .6 to .7 MOA groups.

Had I not went the Weatherby route, I would have a Tikka T3x Lite stainless in my safe. The Tikka truly is the easy button for an affordable quality hunting rifle. I had read a lot about surface rust on the Tikkas, however - even the stainless models. If we’re talking bare stainless (which I was considering), sending it off for cerakote is certainly an option to mitagate rust but I didn’t want to have to bother, frankly. I also liked that the Mark V was made in WY.

Ultimately, the Weatherby was the right choice for me, but I don’t think you can go wrong with a stainless Tikka of your choice. Tikka certainly has solid aftermarket support as well, which is a big plus if you might like to customize.