2023 Toyota Tundra Hows the 3.4L V6?

Duh

WKR
The only bad you will hear about these years is the baddish MPGs and the outdated interior/tech. Although my 1794 has appleplay and wireless charging…oh, and the damn tail gates have to be manually locked with a key.
Yeah I can live with all those issues. Just got out of the 3.5 eco boost and looking to go the tundra route.

WRO

WKR
Guessing you had the 3.5. Know cam phaser and valve issues. The 2.7 is about as bulletproof as a turbo gas engine comes. First gen’s had the oil pan leaked which was fixed as well as the intake issue. 5.0 consume oil constantly in rhe 12-13th gen.

I’ve had 2 Toyotas go over 300k, 2 Cummins over 300k and 3 power strokes over 300k. Feel super confident the 2.7 ecoboost will last just as long with routine maintenance.

5.4 and a 5 liter, the electronics, seat belts, heater blender cores, head unit, and cam phasers on the 5.4 finally. Both were 7500 in repairs in the first 100k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seth

WKR
I’ve put over 15k miles on my 2023 Tundra Limited with TRD Off-Road. Zero issues, zero regrets. I’ve read through the TSB’s that are out and none are serious. I run a fleet of newer heavy duty trucks at work, both RAM and Ford, and am sending both brands offsite regularly for warranty repair. My 2020 RAM went in 5 times for warranty. I’m very happy with the Tundra’s ride, power, capabilities, and average 21mpg driving it hard.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
My brother is a ford tech at a fleet yard. They never, ever, have 2.7s in. My ‘19 was 105k miles of zero issues. Our fleet has a couple million miles on the 2.7s and they have been bombproof. My ‘23 has a problem headunit but that’s not powertrain. 7500 miles and it feels like it’ll be rock solid, knock on wood.

KenLee

WKR
We have a 23 crewmax limited trd off road. Love it so far but it's new lol.

I personally don't see how they can be as legendarily reliable as the previous iteration and that glorious gas hog 5.7 v8 was, but it's the way things are now.

Our epa has screwed vehicles. That said I trust Toyota more than the big 3. I expect it to be good and love it so far. View attachment 592234
You may love it, but the dogs are suspicious.

I have a 2015 F150 3.5 Eco with 149k and am just now getting ready for a cam phaser. Other than that, nothing.
I can buy cam phasers and have money left over for what I had to spend to get my 2006 Tacoma TRD to barely competent.
So glad for the Toyota Koolaid when I dumped it with rust holes in the frame.

There is a whole other thread on the new Tundras. Moral of the story: everyone who has one loves them, myself included, and everyone who has no experience with them hates them or is suspicious at best.

I upgraded from a 2005 Tundra and while I miss it occasionally, I really love my 2022 Tundra. I’ve put 23,000 trouble free miles on it so far. While certainly not enough to prove long term reliability, it’s enough to convince me to stick with it.

Truck has plenty of power, gets 22 mpg on the freeway. It’s still no commuter car and only gets around 16 mph around town, and towing it gets about as bad mileage as anything else.

Reactions: WRO
Love this thread. I was so close to getting a Ford 150 Tremor. After reading about reliability issues I got cold feet. I have an old 2010 Tundra with 105K miles and only needed a CV Boot Seal replaced on year 12. Otherwise, no issues.

We have a 23 crewmax limited trd off road. Love it so far but it's new lol.

I personally don't see how they can be as legendarily reliable as the previous iteration and that glorious gas hog 5.7 v8 was, but it's the way things are now.

Our epa has screwed vehicles. That said I trust Toyota more than the big 3. I expect it to be good and love it so far. View attachment 592234
Thats a dang good looking truck man. I like it a lot.

axeforce6

WKR
The only bad you will hear about these years is the baddish MPGs and the outdated interior/tech. Although my 1794 has appleplay and wireless charging…oh, and the damn tail gates have to be manually locked with a key.
You can spend a few bucks and have an oem remote tailgate unlock.

sveltri

WKR
I had a 17 Tundra with 165k miles when I sold it that I never had a single issue with. Now have a 23 limited TRD off-road that I love. Got hung up this summer on my way to a high lake, after having to get the manual out to figure out how to engage the locker she went right up like we were in the Walmart parking lot. My only complaint is lack of clearance, but I don’t know how it compares to others.

I had a 17 Tundra with 165k miles when I sold it that I never had a single issue with. Now have a 23 limited TRD off-road that I love. Got hung up this summer on my way to a high lake, after having to get the manual out to figure out how to engage the locker she went right up like we were in the Walmart parking lot. My only complaint is lack of clearance, but I don’t know how it compares to others.
Nice. I'm on a list for a white 2024 limited TRD OR. Your truck have 20" wheels?

Broomd

WKR
Can't imagine that anyone here looked forward to the '22 up Tundra more than I did, I was about as obsessed as a guy could be. My 2.5 year old '22 Tundra Leaked" thread underscores this.

That said I still won't touch one. Still disgusted with Toyota ****ing everyone over with that release and mess--it's why I cancelled my pending TRD Offroad build in March of '22.
Maybe I'll look at the '25 models, but for now the 3.4TT still has myriad problems and many are serious. I'm light-footed with my voodoo blue '20 SR5, 18.5-19 mpg is the norm. I've documented that economy/mileage journey here at the 'slide as well.

Reactions: WRO
I too am a Toyota fanboy and was super excited about the new Tundra refresh. I've got a 2011 with 228k miles with only very few issues that were simple fixes. I was ready to upgrade to the new model, but no way after reading some of the Toyota boards (https://www.tundras.com/forums/3rd-gen-tundras-2022.128/). Sticky threads on turbo failures and engine failures (rod bearings).

I'm thinking of grabbing a '21 with low miles and calling it good for another 10-15 years.