2024 NRL Hunter schedule

parshal

WKR
So, do you choose 20 mph wind or 8" of fresh snow for your match? Snow turns to mud immediately in 40 degree temps and 100 shooters going through a stage.

Hunter match in Florence, CO, this weekend.

florence.png

Tahoe1305

WKR
So, do you choose 20 mph wind or 8" of fresh snow for your match? Snow turns to mud immediately in 40 degree temps and 100 shooters going through a stage.

Hunter match in Florence, CO, this weekend.

View attachment 686984
They are going to have other problems….like raising the targets another 2’ up.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpeg
    IMG_0143.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 25

alexnelon

FNG
Do you have to have a NRL membership to shoot skills?

I signed up for the Texas shoot but the box for member number I just left blank. Will I get kicked out?

Tahoe1305

WKR
Do you have to have a NRL membership to shoot skills?

I signed up for the Texas shoot but the box for member number I just left blank. Will I get kicked out?
Dude I am standing by now is shooting skills and he said no. One data point maybe get in the FB group and ask. But again he said no and is here shooting in CO.

Tahoe1305

WKR
The Burris Match is kicking our butts (soo much snow) but a good time for sure and some good practice (in snow!)

The guy shooting skills with our group is doing it right. Wish we would have done that vs team for our first one.

Had fun at the IA one day yesterday shooting with @Jimbee and @rharbaugh. Funny how even a laid back match where a guy isn’t shooting for anything exposes weaknesses. The format was the squad finds (but doesnt range) targets before the stage and everyone got to watch everyone else shoot. I thought that format was great for newbies like me focusing on the range, build position, shoot aspect. I’m less interested in getting better at finding steel in the nockers.

Last edited:

rharbaugh

WKR
Had fun at the IA one day yesterday shooting with @Jimbee and @rharbaugh. Funny how even a laid back match where a guy isn’t shooting for anything exposes weaknesses. The format was the squad finds (but doesnt range) targets before the stage and everyone got to watch everyone else shoot. I thought that format was great for newbies like me focusing on the range, build position, shoot aspect. I’m less interested in getting better at finding steel in the nockers.
Agreed. Ton of fun, learned a bunch as newbie shooting a NRL game for the first time, and was nice to meet some other Roksliders.

First big takeaway for me was to watch other people and see what was/wasn't working for them. See what gear was and wasn't used, how they went about ranging/doping/dialing/, how different people built their shooting positions, and also how people handled stress under the time element.

Second big takeaway for me after a day of reflecting was that I was too concerned about hitting targets vs learning how to shoot in field/hunting conditions. There were several stages that we were able to shoot prone off of bipod that I should've opted against that. I'll be back in April and June to shoot that match again, and I'll focus on shooting from seated/kneeling positions off my pack and trekking poles.

I'll also bring my own roll of painters tape and sharpie next time @Jimbee to record target ranges.

OP
kharb22

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone shooting Whitetail Madness this upcoming weekend? If so, maybe a Rokslide dinner?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR

Would you do another one in IA? Average target range? Longest? Definitely going to be in Decorah the next time one of these rolls around again

Would you do another one in IA? Average target range? Longest? Definitely going to be in Decorah the next time one of these rolls around again

Yes, i plan to attend another this year.

From the last match:
"9 stages, no zero board, come ready for targets from 180-700 yards. majority under 480 yards. 4-8 rounds per stage depending on your ability."

rharbaugh

WKR

I plan on shooting the April and June shoot. Here are the notes I took during the match.

Stage 5 - 1 stage 4 targets 300yds
Stage 6 - 4 stages 1 target 460 yds 10mph
Stage 7 - 2 stages 2 targets 375/400 8mph
Stage 8 - 1 stage 4 targets 465/500/460/460 10mph
Stage 9 - 1 stage 4 targets 235/235/470/700 10 mph (should’ve called 15)
Stage 1 - 2 stages 2 targets 415/385 10mph
Stage 2 - 4 staged 1 target 300yds 10
Stage 3 - 1 stage 4 targets 290/340/380/380 10mph
Stage 4 - 1 stage 4 targets 275/300/350/380

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
I plan on shooting the April and June shoot. Here are the notes I took during the match.

Stage 5 - 1 stage 4 targets 300yds
Stage 6 - 4 stages 1 target 460 yds 10mph
Stage 7 - 2 stages 2 targets 375/400 8mph
Stage 8 - 1 stage 4 targets 465/500/460/460 10mph
Stage 9 - 1 stage 4 targets 235/235/470/700 10 mph (should’ve called 15)
Stage 1 - 2 stages 2 targets 415/385 10mph
Stage 2 - 4 staged 1 target 300yds 10
Stage 3 - 1 stage 4 targets 290/340/380/380 10mph
Stage 4 - 1 stage 4 targets 275/300/350/380

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I won’t be able to make the April shoot but if there is another in June I will for sure be at that one.

philcox

WKR
Never been at one of these before. A buddy and I signed up for Skills at the Arbuckle CA one. Hoping we can get on the same group of folks. I have a new 7PRC gonna see how it performs. Then I’ll likely drop to my 6.5 as I think shooting the whole thing with the 7 will wear me out.

Goals are to
1. Get experience shooting
2. Verify what I can do with the setup and load

I am also realistically expecting to get only 1-2 shots (maybe 0) on some stages because I can’t find/range/setup in the max time

From what I understand, the Skills division should allow that?

Tahoe1305

WKR
Never been at one of these before. A buddy and I signed up for Skills at the Arbuckle CA one. Hoping we can get on the same group of folks. I have a new 7PRC gonna see how it performs. Then I’ll likely drop to my 6.5 as I think shooting the whole thing with the 7 will wear me out.

Goals are to

I am also realistically expecting to get only 1-2 shots (maybe 0) on some stages because I can’t find/range/setup in the max time

Yes. Will allow for that. Also they will give you more time if you ask. Intent isn’t for you to not shoot. They will also point the targets out. Typically they will ask you what help you want before the stage.

Jimbee

WKR

Goals are to

In my limited experience, people typically run out of time if they have a malfunction or mess something up.