2024 Wyoming Draw thread

Thomas11

WKR
From what I’ve seen - yes the private ranches mainly. But you are correct to assume if you can find public butted up to those “high density” elk areas that you can snag some cows. But all depends on when the elk ebb and flow from private to public etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea makes sense. I will have a bull tag in another unit there so if we are successful was gonna pick up one of these cow tags after that

Will_m

WKR
Anybody know if there’s a back door or way to check without waiting on an email?

cnelk

WKR
Anyone know the scoop on these proposed unlimited cow tags in the east side of state this yr? I read the article and kinda alluded to private landowners maybe opening up ranches for this? But idk ? I was looking at unit 3 and 6 potentially and maybe u could be successful on some of the public there

Go to the Hunt Planner on the WGF website.

Enter the areas you are interested in and it will give you the information.

For instance:

3-8 is cow/calf - anywhere

6-8 is cow/calf - off NF

There are other areas that have the Type 8 tags that are restricted to private land only.

Jethro

WKR

LostArra

WKR
From what I’ve seen - yes the private ranches mainly. But you are correct to assume if you can find public butted up to those “high density” elk areas that you can snag some cows. But all depends on when the elk ebb and flow from private to public etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Type 8 tags vary by hunt Area. Some "off national forest" . Some "private land only" and it can vary with the date. I've wondered how the rifle hunting during the early season which is typically bow-only will affect the overall hunting. It could push some herds off the private land if only temporarily.

Walthers

FNG
Cnelk is correct. For us adults this is way better than Christmas! Don’t get me wrong, Christmas is great for our kids but damn, I really want to know!

P dog

FNG
Their website has the 2024 drawing odds available for some species, no elk yet though. I believe we will see results today.