2024 Wyoming Draw thread

wapitibob

WKR
So if me and my two buddies averaged 4.66 points (two of us had 5 points and one had 4 points), then we could have drawn from this pool that’s less than 5 but more than 4? Am I reading this correctly? Or did we draw random most likely?
Maybe, maybe not. You need to look at the individual point pools between 4.0000 and 5.0000. The report is formatted to combine point pools which in the draw are separate, 4.6666 is less than 4.7500

Braaap

WKR
Maybe, maybe not. You need to look at the individual point pools between 4.0000 and 5.0000. The report is formatted to combine point pools which in the draw are separate, 4.6666 is less than 4.7500
Ok. I’ll try to find those point pools. It doesn’t matter but I’m curious!

Badger 5

Lil-Rokslider
My group was successful drawing Western General in the Regular draw with 5.33 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
Some units that were mentioned in earlier threads saw jaw dropping creep. 5 points in a year. Ooof. There’s goes my plans for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
No dice in WY on a LE tag. Have a MT general tag to hunt. Hoping to pull a WY gen tag next year with 6 points.

Blinddog

Lil-Rokslider
Our group pulled a NR SP tag on 3 pts. not sure how other than luck and the extra jing - after this no more buying points, cow only going forward till that becomes impossible.
Tired of the point game, burned deer and antelope last year.

Yea, I'm the succer that paid the specical charge this year. (will be the last time). They'll raise the Non-Res. tag next by 200% , DYI is comming to an end, seems to be most states long term plans. No big lobby group for the DYI'ers.

Good luck to everyone that drew. that special price Elk is going to taste better then Kobi beef.

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
When are left over tags announced? All that pops up is "Spring Turkey" on the G&F site....

I drew, but surprisingly my buddy and brother didn't draw. We forgot to go in as a group and now I'm left holding the bag.

Surprised to say the least as I know guys who have put in for this unit for the last 15-20 yrs and always drew, plus the additional tags in this unit...

I doubt there are any tags left over if they didn't draw and I did, unless they put in for the wrong type....🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

wapitibob

WKR
When are left over tags announced? All that pops up is "Spring Turkey" on the G&F site....

I drew, but surprisingly my buddy and brother didn't draw. We forgot to go in as a group and now I'm left holding the bag.

Surprised to say the least as I know guys who have put in for this unit for the last 15-20 yrs and always drew, plus the additional tags in this unit...

I doubt there are any tags left over if they didn't draw and I did, unless they put in for the wrong type....🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

There are no nr specific leftovers. After the regular draw they’ll have the leftovers for E/D/A.

The leftover list is supposed to come out June 18th. Also, plenty of tags will be in the leftover list that nonresidents put in for and didn’t draw. The tags that residents don’t want, and their quota isn’t filled, roll onto the leftover list and become available to nonresidents. The leftover draw odds from previous years are on the website. The tags that go leftover stay pretty consistent from year to year.

Jethro

WKR
I also got a W Gen with 4 PPs. I last hunted Elk in Wyoming 2020 when cashing out Max PP(14) for a LE Tag. Stoked to get another go chasing the greatest game on the planet!!!!!
If you cashed points in 2020, you only had 3 points in this years draw.

Last edited:

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
If you cashed points in 2020, you only had 3 points in this years draw.
I had 4 PPs. Wild but true story. I was awarded my dream tag in 2019, then my son wrecked his quad the week before the archery opener and I sent my tag back with a request for medical waiver to carry to 2020. I was crushed. I knew deep down I lost all my Elk PPs to stay home and bath a teenage boy. It seems God had bigger plans. It was a shot in the dark, but I was awarded the med waiver request and also able to buy a 2020 PP. Then in 2021 with all 3 of my sons healthy and my brother in tow, back to WY tagging out on speed goats! God is good!

Attachments

• XRFREjL1TBy5bU_7FUHMTQ.jpg
    XRFREjL1TBy5bU_7FUHMTQ.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 6NIYDGPKReehAvF7j8BIWA.jpg
    6NIYDGPKReehAvF7j8BIWA.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 63
  • ZYu23lZnTgSY2T9z1k20fQ.jpg
    ZYu23lZnTgSY2T9z1k20fQ.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 64