.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

Gonna try this out in Michigan for white tail in November. I currently have a dandy load for the 77smk using AA2520 loaded to 2.260 for an ar15. Are you guys doing full load work ups or using existing data youve used for the 77smk? I also have some imr8208xbr which I know seems like the preferred powder here.

Gonna try this out in Michigan for white tail in November. I currently have a dandy load for the 77smk using AA2520 loaded to 2.260 for an ar15. Are you guys doing full load work ups or using existing data youve used for the 77smk? I also have some imr8208xbr which I know seems like the preferred powder here.
I’ve had good luck with a2520 out my my ARs too.

Have you read forms thread on simple load work up?

I have not read it yet. I will look for it. I have some 77tmk's showing up tomorrow. I plan on making a run to the range friday morning.

25.0 gr AA2520 and 77gr TMK with standard SRP in LC brass loaded to 2.260 consistently shoots at 1” groups for 10 shots with my tikka. Followed the load development thread Form started. Worked great.

Tikka T3X Stainless cut to 17”. Sourced a compact stock here in classifieds. Tally light weight rings. Had a Nikon Coyote Special BDC 4.5 x 14 laying around. Silencer Co ASR flash hider. 38” OAL. 7lbs 6 oz.
Got it dialed in today with Black Hills 77gr TMK.
Kids will be behind the gun for the next two weeks getting ready for the youth deer hunt.
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread and helping me spend my money. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9117.jpeg
    IMG_9117.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9116.jpeg
    IMG_9116.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 106
25.0 gr AA2520 and 77gr TMK with standard SRP in LC brass loaded to 2.260 consistently shoots at 1” groups for 10 shots with my tikka. Followed the load development thread Form started. Worked great.
Thats the charge weight I currently use. Ive won a few of my local 300yd ar15 matches with it.

Exactly same load I use in my AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Stock!!!

In Stock!!!
$27 shipping on a $70 box of ammo?

OUCH!!

Just saying.

I also got the rokslide special and my kiddo (and I) love it. He’s 6 yo and can hit the 8” gong consistently at 200 yds (from the bench). It’s just he right amount of kick for both of us to develop good fundamentals. The 6x SWFA is perfect for it as well. Will report if I can get a blacktail deer with it this weekend.

Just want to verify in the shooter app, that’s this is the correct selection for the 77 TMK ? I couldn’t find tipped matchking in the library.

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpeg
    IMG_2914.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 82
Hornady 75 Amax via 223ai, 450yds 2140fps impact velocity, broke a rib on entry, double lunged and broke an off side rib, no exit. Did the usual punched lungs run and pile up. Missed the wind call a skosh as I prefer to wreck shoulders.

Exit side rib.

Busted exit side rib removed, lotsa soup in there.

For the rifle Loonies. Grin

Hornady 75 Amax via 223ai, 450yds 2140fps impact velocity, broke a rib on entry, double lunged and broke an off side rib, no exit. Did the usual punched lungs run and pile up. Missed the wind call a skosh as I prefer to wreck shoulders.

Exit side rib.

Busted exit side rib removed, lotsa soup in there.

For the rifle Loonies. Grin

Nice!! What are you getting for a muzzle velocity with the AI?
Thanks,
Ryan

Well, I need one. On the prowl for a stainless .223. Has anyone slapped a surefire mini on a tikka by chance?

Back