.22LR Rifle Recommendation

CZs are well worth the coin, mines a 455 American that is very slick to operate.

I preferred the look and feel of the American stock and sporter barrel, I have a Rem 700 front sight and Williams peep I'm going to have fitted sometime just to complete the package.View attachment 635770
Williams aperture is an amazing upgrade to traditional irons.

ziqev

FNG
Even with the janky sheet metal mag, I love my savage mark 2 btvs. It rails, and didn't cost me the bank.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
The savages mentioned above are great I own two a stainless and a blued love them both stock rifles with 3x9s and put down clay pigeons at 300 yards with them great shooters out of the box never had any extraction issues with either of them. I have a ruger 77/22 that is pure bliss to shoot but no irons you could have express sights added to any rifle for a cost.

Tonyslong

FNG
Classified Approved
I'm starting to do some research for a .22LR Rifle Purchase. Looking for recommendations of makes/models.

I'd like
  • Wood stock
  • Heavy barrel
  • Sights in case a scope is bumped
LMK if you have a model that you love.

thanks
David
Cz 457 MTR varmint - slick action, accurate

Vern400

WKR
I bought a 10/22 a few years back in the accuracy was somewhat disappointing.

I shoot primarily Marlin bolt-action bull barrel 22 and 22 magnum. They shoot very very good. The performance is dependent on the ammunition more than the rifle.

I think Marlin is out of the game on 22 rifles since Ruger bought them.

If I were buying a bolt gun I would look at the CZ and perhaps Anschutz.