26b caribou

mitschkeb

FNG
What's everyone's thoughts on the airboat drop hunts with North Star outfitters
We would normally hunt unit 23 but with the closures and finally able to talk my father and uncles to come we booked for this year for the added weight limits airboats allow.
Did I book a glorified camping trip I've seen only small bulls shot in that area on YouTube
For those who have been on that trip is there enough driftwood for a wood stove

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Nontyp

FNG
I’ve hunted with Ryan 3 times and have a 4th trip planned this yr taking my dad and 2 boys. I have been successful each time and I would use him over the other options up there.

MBN

FNG
I have taken my own jet boat into 29B and never seen a piece of driftwood. If the timing is right it can be good hunting.

OP
M

mitschkeb

FNG
I’ve hunted with Ryan 3 times and have a 4th trip planned this yr taking my dad and 2 boys. I have been successful each time and I would use him over the other options up there.
That is good to hear when do y'all fly up there
Do you have any advice on logistics in deadhorse

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
no logistics support in deadhorse unless they are prearranged, except a little general store.

I went with them a couple years ago. I don’t have anything bad to say about North Star, they seemed like good folks and easy to work with. But that river had about 4 other airboat transporters running just as many hunters up and down that river. I don’t think we ever went much more than a mile without seeing another camp of hunters from the ANWAR boarder all the way back down to North Stars boat ramp. We saw more hunters than caribou by a long shot. I have no desire to do it again.

CodyAK

Lil-Rokslider
Timing and weather dependent. Buddy was there last fall, they didn’t have any luck. Sounds like there’s increasing pressure to say the least.