270 Ammo selection

swampokie

WKR
Tried n true corelokt!! Deadliest mushroom in the woods. Doesn’t matter if it’s aspens or white oaks. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 130 grain very accurate outa my 700 and m77 both.

SoDaky

WKR
Dang!I have to appologize cause my wifes bulls were shot with Rem factory 'corelokt',not partitions.Swampokie your post made me go to the ammo refrig and look.Corelokt it is-and she has a bunch.

hodgeman

WKR
I've had remarkably good success with Accubonds on critters of all sizes in several different cartridges. While other bullets work, the Accubond just isn't ever really a wrong choice in my experience. Deer, caribou, moose, wolf, bears...I've knocked them all over with an Accubond.

Any of those will work great on the game you listed. I really like the partition. From my observations it is probably the most consistent bullet ever in terms of terminal performance. Not the best BC but it penetrates and turns vital organs into soup. However, if your gun likes the 140 accubonds they will most definitely get the job done.

swampokie

WKR
I want to reiterate the point that I shot a bear at 50 yds with a 110 accubond 257 weatherby and it exploded like a vmax. I was told that they need to be at least 100 yds for the accubond to hold together at that velocity. I feel the same can be said for the corelokt, power point, fusion and ballistic tips of most makes. So instead of telling the bear to hold still while I slipped back to 100 yds I bought some barnes 100 grain ttsx. With that being said I think if muzzle velocity out of a rifle is around 3200 fps or less a traditional mushrooming soft point is hard to beat at all but very long range or very large game.