Any Experience with Fort Scott TUI Ammo on Elk

jreyna

FNG
Any hunters out there with experience using any caliber of Ft. Scott's TUI ammo?

I currently run a .308win for my cow elk hunting. I know there are magnums and such out there, but I really enjoy my .308win and shoot it well.

This past season I ran the Federal Terminal Ascent 175 and it worked good. However, I do like the idea of using a mono bullet in the future and the slower speeds of the .308win really limit your range when going with traditional monos (LRX, CX, E-tip).

I read about the Ft. Scott TUI ammo and liked the execution (tumbling instead expanding) but I can't find much on real world hunting experience with it. My hope is that it will tumble well at the same ranges as bonded bullets (400 yards is my current self-imposed limit).

I enjoy tinkering with my setup and have a good bullet that works in the Terminal Ascent, but I'd like to have a good mono bullet that won't hinder my range as much as the earlier mentioned monos.

If you have any helpful thoughts I'd love to hear'em.

CD0311B4

FNG
I just ordered some 6.5 Creed 123g.

My PVA barrel should be here in 2-3 weeks. Depending on how they shoot and if we get drawn should hopefully try them on Elk this year.

I don’t hand load or I would be using the PVA bullets or Warner Flat Line, I believe those are supposed to tumble as well.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/12/10/tfb-review-fort-scott-munitions-tui-ammo-part-2/

Neilbob

FNG
Classified Approved
I can’t speak to the TUI, but one mono to consider is the cavity back bullets 168 grain mkz. They claim expansion down to 1600 fps, and I saw my brother make a 1 shot kill on a young nilgai bull with one from a 308. 100 yard broadside shot got complete pass through. He ran about 50 yards and piled up.