280 AI Match Chamber Dies?

Unckebob

WKR
I thought that I ordered a Saami chamber 280 AI barrel; however, I was actually provided a "280 Ackley Imp Match" chamber with a print from PTG. I d not think it was my fault, but the receipt I got back is a little vague. I am working with the seller to resolve the issue, but it might not work out in my favor.

Closing the bolt on Nosler factory ammo is very tight.
Factory Hornady Precision Hunter ammo fits perfectly
Using my Hornady Dies, I have to work really hard to size 1x Nosler brass to fit the chamber

If I was to replace my dies, where should I look to find the right kind? Good ideas would be appreciated.

Harvey_NW

WKR
That's unfortunate, I dealt with that in a 280ai as well. Work really hard how, like you're at the camover point and it still isn't sizing it enough? You may have to take a few thou of material off either a dedicated shellholder, or the bottom of the sizing die.

OP
U

Unckebob

WKR
That's unfortunate, I dealt with that in a 280ai as well. Work really hard how, like you're at the camover point and it still isn't sizing it enough? You may have to take a few thou of material off either a dedicated shellholder, or the bottom of the sizing die.

I really don't understand why a barrel maker would not make a Saami chamber.

I was crazy to me how the Hornady ammo fit so easily when the Nosler would not. I assume the Nosler is Sammi and the Hornady is old spec.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I really don't understand why a barrel maker would not make a Saami chamber.

I was crazy to me how the Hornady ammo fit so easily when the Nosler would not. I assume the Nosler is Sammi and the Hornady is old spec.
Match is still SAAMI spec, it's just on the minimum side of tolerance and can interfere with the max side of brass specs, and min side of sizing dies. "Match" is just marketing bs that should be interpreted as tight tolerance and probably PITA.

OP
U

Unckebob

WKR
Match is still SAAMI spec, it's just on the minimum side of tolerance and can interfere with the max side of brass specs, and min side of sizing dies. "Match" is just marketing bs that should be interpreted as tight tolerance and probably PITA.

Definitely a PITA.