300 PRC 1:10

Rdolcini

FNG
Curious if anyone has a 300 PRC with a 1:10 twist barrel and what grain you’re able to shoot out of it with what velocities? I’m getting a custom built 300 PRC Zermatt Origin action with a 26” 1:10 twist bartlein barrel.

83cj-7

WKR
The answer to that is easier by stating what you can’t shoot out of it. The only thing it won’t shoot it the really long high BC projectiles. The 10 twist will shoot a lot of high BC bullets, but they may not be completely stable which will cause the actual BC to be reduced. If you use the twist rate calculator on Berger’s website, it will give you an idea what kind of BC you will loose shooting the longer bullets with the 10 twist.

OP
R

Rdolcini

FNG
The answer to that is easier by stating what you can’t shoot out of it. The only thing it won’t shoot it the really long high BC projectiles. The 10 twist will shoot a lot of high BC bullets, but they may not be completely stable which will cause the actual BC to be reduced. If you use the twist rate calculator on Berger’s website, it will give you an idea what kind of BC you will loose shooting the longer bullets with the 10 twist.
Awesome. I’ll have to check that out.

I have a Seekins precision Havak PH2 which they chose to go 1:10 with on their barrels. Only have experience with factory ammo so far, but it shot the 212 eldx and 225 eldm just fine. Hope some others chime in though. Been wanting to try some of the 200 LRX bullets soon

OP
R

Rdolcini

FNG
I have a Seekins precision Havak PH2 which they chose to go 1:10 with on their barrels. Only have experience with factory ammo so far, but it shot the 212 eldx and 225 eldm just fine. Hope some others chime in though. Been wanting to try some of the 200 LRX bullets soon
181 hammers shoot great 175 LRX are good too .
Let me know
Good to know. Have you shot the 212’s through a chronograph? If so, what SD are you getting out of the velocities?

Nilsen5

FNG
Curious if anyone has a 300 PRC with a 1:10 twist barrel and what grain you’re able to shoot out of it with what velocities? I’m getting a custom built 300 PRC Zermatt Origin action with a 26” 1:10 twist bartlein barrel.
I have a 1:10 twist barrel on my Seekin PH2. It shoots 215s no problem but I go with the 190 VLD hunting bullets to have a little more velocity.