300 prc load for grizzly

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
Likely going after inland grizz in 2024 - have a setup with 212 gr eld-xs (shooting very accurately and precisely) at just around 2950 fps. Anyone have experience with the 212 eld-x, positive or negative?

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Guided a hunter up here in the Yukon who was shooting almost the exact same load. Shot his grizzly at just over 300 yards, bear spun around and ran 12 yards before piling up dead. Bullet placement was just behind the right shoulder, took out the top of the heart before exiting through the left front leg. I've seen the bullet break up in situations involving close shots on moose, but they still did their job and made to the vitals.

Manakh

FNG
I hunt bear with the 230 bergers at 2930
I tried a couple 212 and 220 eldx loads but my gun liked the 230s more.
So I can't help you too much, for past rifles I love eldx though!
But I can tell you those 230s at 2930 absolutely hammer, the bears I've shot at closer ranges often pull a softball sized chunk of rib bone in with the bullet on the entrance side and just liquify the vitals and often with multiple exit wounds.

OP
Grisha

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt bear with the 230 bergers at 2930
I tried a couple 212 and 220 eldx loads but my gun liked the 230s more.
So I can't help you too much, for past rifles I love eldx though!
But I can tell you those 230s at 2930 absolutely hammer, the bears I've shot at closer ranges often pull a softball sized chunk of rib bone in with the bullet on the entrance side and just liquify the vitals and often with multiple exit wounds.
those are the 230 otm bergers?