300 PRC Muzzle Brake

sshunter

FNG
I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I am looking for the best muzzle brake for my 300 PRC. For reference it has a Proof Carbon Fiber Sendero contour barrel 1-8 twist.
I am specifically looking at either the MBM Beast brake, APW Raptor, or a stainless steel brake from Salmon River Solutions. All advice and help is appreciated.
Thank you
-Sage

Get titanium, 5 port and go with either a MBM or SRS ti pro
Both will work amazing and i think they are pretty equal in efficiency

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
S

sshunter

FNG
Thanks for the responses so far. I appreciate the input.
However I forgot to mention one thing.
I am new to muzzle brakes so this may be a dumb/impossible ask(please excuse me if it is) but I would prefer the brake to not direct a bunch of blast/gas back into the shooters face. If anyone has a recommendation or one of the brakes previously mentioned
1. Reduces recoil and muzzle flip well
2. Does not direct a ton of blast/gas into the shooters face
I would greatly appreciate any insight
Thanks again
-Sage

Thanks for the responses so far. I appreciate the input.
However I forgot to mention one thing.
I am new to muzzle brakes so this may be a dumb/impossible ask(please excuse me if it is) but I would prefer the brake to not direct a bunch of blast/gas back into the shooters face. If anyone has a recommendation or one of the brakes previously mentioned
1. Reduces recoil and muzzle flip well
2. Does not direct a ton of blast/gas into the shooters face
I would greatly appreciate any insight
Thanks again
-Sage

Its not a stupid question.

So you have side port style brakes which are the most effective, and then you have the radial style which still reduce recoil, albeit less effectively while also kicking up a shitton of dust/dirt at the shot which sucks. The ones youre asking are all side port. They're all going to redirect the blast backwards(which is why they're more effective because the redirected blast pulls the rifle forward negating some recoil)... however, they don't direct it directly backwards towards you, the blast goes off to your sides.

If I'm gonna bother with a brake(and I do use them), I wouldn't bother with something like a radial because they still require hearing protection to shoot without damaging your ears. If I gotta wear ear pro, might as well get all the benefits a brake gives.

I think there are some less aggressive side port designs but again, less aggressive is usually less efficient when it comes to recoil reduction.

I think you'll be well served with any of the options you listed.

cornchuck

FNG
I am using a 5 side port Super Baby Beast II from MBM on a light weight 300 PRC barrel. My first muzzle brake so can not compare it to another brake. The recoil is like shooting my .243.

Jason

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
MPA bolt action 4 port is what I have on my 300 PRC and it makes it feel like a .308 Win. Very good break. It’s the same design as the Alamo 4 star that did so well in the precision rifle muzzle brake comparison a few years back. Self timing and a decent price for what you are getting.