300 prc rifle recommendation

Damartin95

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for recommendations for a 300 prc hunting rifle. Don't want ultralight but also don't want a 10lb gun before scope. Budget is around 2k.

dapesche

WKR
My friend has a fierce rogue ct. He's a big fan.

Tagged out on our sheep at 585yds and then dropped a 360 class 7x7 bull elk at about 10 yard.

He had a 300wsm in a tikka lite. Says the fierce is mild to shoot in comparison.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

I grabbed Christensen MPR 300 PRC because the stock folds and with my rails (Spartan and tripod mount), and scope - it weighs 10.5 lbs. before mag/ammo load.

I wanted folding stock because I hated to tweak my back ducking under brush or tree limbs. And the folding stock now had lowered the height profile enough that I’m able to achieve that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nest

FNG
Late to this conversation but maybe it will be useful. I have a Christensen Ridgeline in 300 PRC that will shoot 212 grain elder factory loads a .75" all day and better if I do my part all day long. It has been a great gun the last three seasons. The only complaint that I have is the forearm of the stock is narrow which makes controlling rotation a challenge at times when shooting prone which can be a pain in the heat of the moment. I would definitely do it again. Side note the 212 eldx has performed very well on 2 bulls and a cow along with several deer. One other bonus is that my kids are able to shoot it due to the muzzle break.