300 PRC

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
20bd6eb333137f878e8a9f6b9fc93c29.jpg

One of these is the greatest .300 Magnum of all time.. the other is a 30 Nosler! #hype?

Last edited:
OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
When I watch this video the only thing that really makes sense to me if there will be a steady supply of ammo for the 300 PRC that will fit into factory rifles. Is that what makes it better than all of the others? I am really missing something here

Yeah too long for factory rifles is a serious problem they gonna have to figure out.
I think everyone wants it to be like the creedmoor and for the bargain basement price of $349 you can buy yourself a legit factory long range gun.

FURMAN

WKR
Since we are strictly in the wild speculation phase and I love speculation just as much as Ryan does I will make a couple of statements. There are reasons the 6 dasher, 7 SAUM, and 300 WSM spank the competition. Case design does matter with how easy a cartridge will stay in tune and how little vertical it will have at distance. Will the 300 PRC every win in pure horsepower? Absolutely not. It will not outrun physics. The only chance it has is if, big if, it is easier to tune than the Win Mag, 30 Nosler, and 300 Norma. Time will tell. I hope to be shooting mine side by side with the other 30s in a few weeks.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Can’t wait to see the results Ryan!

And don’t get me wrong I hope the .300 PRC is awesome! Just love to stir the pot when I keep reading all the hype on a very new case that resembles one already on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
Well we know it won't be a 6.5 Creedmoor but...

Little known fact, this is actually the second time in history that the 6.5 creedmoore was around. The first time was 10,000 years ago.. This lead to the extinction of the woolly mammoth, saber toothed tiger, and giant short faced bear. The Illuminati rounded up all of the 6.5 creedmoore's in existence and hid them in a mountain cave in Utah right next to where the book of Mormon was hidden. It was only recently rediscovered by Julian Assange, but it was stolen from him so he couldn't give it to the Russians and permanently tip the power scale to the dark side. Luckily, internet hackers let the cartridge info out to masses and now you know the rest of the story. Hopefully no more mass extinctions come from it's release.

Last edited:

FURMAN

WKR
Little known fact, this is actually the second time in history that the 6.5 creedmoore was around. The first time was 10,000 years ago.. This lead to the extinction of the woolly mammoth, saber toothed tiger, and giant short faced bear. The Illuminati rounded up all of the 6.5 creedmoore's in existence and hid them in a mountain in Utah in a cave right next to where the book of Mormon was hidden. It was only recently rediscovered by Julian Assange, but it was stolen from him so he couldn't give it to the Russians and permanently tip the power scale to the dark side. Luckily, internet hackers let the cartridge info out to masses and now you know the rest of the story. Hopefully no more mass extinctions come from it's release.

LOL!. Thanks for the laugh. I am glad I know the full story now.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The .300 RUM is an easy to tune big .30. mtmuley

It’s funny I always hear the 300 RUM is hard to tune. I’ve had a pile of RUMs all of them shot good enough for me. I just got a 300 RUM+P chambered up... can’t ****ing wait! God bless America and pass the powder.

Last edited:

mtmuley

WKR
I've had great success with them. When I started, you fed them RL-25 and Retumbo. Whichever worked best won. still mostly using those two powders. mtmuley

WRO

WKR
It’s funny I always hear the 300 RUM is hard to tune. I’ve had a pile of RUMs all of them shot good enough for me. I just got a 300 RUM+P chambered up... can’t ****ing wait! God bless America and pass the powder.

Maybe if you're shooting a stock rife, on a well reemed custom, they're a piece of cake..

ckleeves

WKR
I’m starting to come around to the PRC. I really like the case design and it’s nice having a rifle be able to handle the heavies without getting into different reamers and throating.
2870 was the average velocity out of a box of 225 grain factory ELDM’s which IMO is pretty impressive. It won’t run with a RUM but I bet it comes pretty close to the 30 Nos.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Little known fact, this is actually the second time in history that the 6.5 creedmoore was around. The first time was 10,000 years ago.. This lead to the extinction of the woolly mammoth, saber toothed tiger, and giant short faced bear. The Illuminati rounded up all of the 6.5 creedmoore's in existence and hid them in a mountain cave in Utah right next to where the book of Mormon was hidden. It was only recently rediscovered by Julian Assange, but it was stolen from him so he couldn't give it to the Russians and permanently tip the power scale to the dark side. Luckily, internet hackers let the cartridge info out to masses and now you know the rest of the story. Hopefully no more mass extinctions come from it's release.

sketch-1516638322021.png

NDGuy

WKR
You are on someone's list for breaking that classified information