.300 WSM ammunition Browning X-Bolt

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
What does everyone recommend for western hunting (Mule deer, Elk)? I have a .300 wsm browning xbolt. I’ve shot Barnes, Winchester, and Hornady American Whitetail and honestly I think the gun shoots the Hornadys the best even though it’s the cheapest. I’d like to know peoples opinion that has a few years of experience shooting the caliber, it’s be even better if someone would chime in that has an xbolt in that caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

165-180gr bonded or copper, especially for elk. Wouldn't rule out a partition either. Im a nosler fan but whatever your gun shoots best is what they say so I shoot whatever nosler bullet shoots the best.

I've got a hell's canyon and have shot the 168 etip, 180 accubonds, 180 ballistic tips, and 200 partitions. So far the 180s group the best at well under an inch when I do my part, there's usually a flier or 2 from shooter error. Probably will stick with 180 accubonds but am tempted to try 165 accubonds and 180 partitions. I reload my own.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah so far I really like the 165 grain. I just wanted to know what people are shooting just to keep in my mind and try new things. Always looking to improve. Thanks for the responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS3579

WKR
I’ve always had great luck with Accubond in all of my Browning rifles. 30 caliber 180 gr.

I have started to load my own and it has been grouping well with the 180 accubonds but didn't like the factory Nosler trophy grade with the same bullet. I agree to let the gun tell you

LightFoot

WKR
Took a caribou with 200gr ELD-X in my Browning Xbolt 300WSM.

I am using 165gr TSX right now. That will likely be my elk/deer bullet this year.

>>>----JAKE----->

hodgeman

WKR
I've used the 300WSM quite a lot since 2006. I've had very good results with 180 Accubonds on game up to moose.

I*'ve tried some of the 150 and 165gr bullets, but they didn't do quite as well in my rifle.

RS3579

WKR
I have started to load my own and it has been grouping well with the 180 accubonds but didn't like the factory Nosler trophy grade with the same bullet. I agree to let the gun tell you

I’ve had success with the factory Federal nosler Accubond. Not as good from factory Nosler Like you said.