Browning x bolt (mag issue)

Good afternoon, I just purchased a browning x bolt mountain pro in 300wsm. I was just wondering if any of you have experienced any mag issues such as as a loose mag if you will being able to push it up and down making a clicking sound. It’s not snug like my other rifles or xbolt for that matter. I normally can’t get any movement out of a mag. Wondering if there is a fix for this. it’s the same with 3 rounds in the mag as well. Thank you

gman82001

WKR
Brand new contact browning I bet they just ship a new one out. Mine has a very positive click but doesn’t wiggle on my 7mag

Jkuhn22

FNG
Just a heads up on my 300 WSM hells canyon I could not get high BC bullets to feed. I was trying the Berger VLD hunters and the bullets would not feed. I had to polish up the feed ramps to get good reliable cycling.

I did some range work today and I was shooting .5 MOA groups with 166 grain Hammer Hunters. Very happy with the gun once the feed issue was resolved.

To your original question, my mags click in solid.

OP
Jordan5452
Just a heads up on my 300 WSM hells canyon I could not get high BC bullets to feed. I was trying the Berger VLD hunters and the bullets would not feed. I had to polish up the feed ramps to get good reliable cycling.

I did some range work today and I was shooting .5 MOA groups with 166 grain Hammer Hunters. Very happy with the gun once the feed issue was resolved.

To your original question, my mags click in solid.
Mine clicks in too and won’t ever fall out but are you able to push the front of the mag up say .050 tho of an inch and it’ll make a little clicking sound?

OP
Jordan5452
Have a .300 PRC Mtn Pro and mag is very snug no movement and cycles just fine
Ok, no vertical movement in the mag well up front? Also mine cycles and shoots fine as well, it’s more of qc thing in my option. My 308 x bolt pro tungsten there is zero movement.

Ok, no vertical movement in the mag well up front? Also mine cycles and shoots fine as well, it’s more of qc thing in my option. My 308 x bolt pro tungsten there is zero movement.
No not at all. Mag is tight with no rattling or shifting once it has snapped into place

If you bought it from a local shop and they have any in stock maybe you can take it back and try a different mag. If not call Browning. PIA but they will probably send you another mag.

My 300wm HC Speed, has the exact opposite problem. It’s too “tight”, and the bullets do not like to feed after the first shot. I contacted browning and they shipped me a new one right away. Unfortunately, the one they shipped did the same thing. I ended up backing the screw off (on the back of the mag) about a quarter turn and that fixed my problem.

timfresh

FNG
Good afternoon, I just purchased a browning x bolt mountain pro in 300wsm. I was just wondering if any of you have experienced any mag issues such as as a loose mag if you will being able to push it up and down making a clicking sound. It’s not snug like my other rifles or xbolt for that matter. I normally can’t get any movement out of a mag. Wondering if there is a fix for this. it’s the same with 3 rounds in the mag as well. Thank you
Hi Jordan. I have the same problem with a xbolt mountain pro. Browning has sent me two new magazines and they are the same. My Hell's Canyon isn't loose at all. It is even tighter in the Mountain Pro. How did you solve the problem?

timfresh

FNG
"It is even tighter in the mountain pro" meaning the magazine from the Hell's Canyon gun fits tighter in the Mountain Pro. But it's still not snug like it is in the Hell's Canyon. Browning says that the magazine well may be out of spec. Did you have to send your gun back to Browning?