308 CCI-200 vs Fed 210m

sdupontjr

WKR
I getting low on my Fed 210m stash and I have about 900 CCI-200 primers left. I have a really good load for one of my Takkas. 47g Varget, Fed 210m, shoots lights out. But Fed 210m primers are basically a unicorn. Can't find em, but CCI-200 can be found and grabbed.

I would assume from all the stuff that I have read is CCI is milder than the 210m. Do I have to totally redo my load development or can I simply start at my old load and go from there? Try to save some time and components.

Load a few and shoot them, will there be a difference yes, but I believe it will be minor. With the prices and finding components in today's situation I do believe this is the best way to go for now.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
I did shoot a few checking for pressure and the signs showed up the same. So I loaded up 10 at 47g and will shoot em Wednesday when the range opens up and see.

Vern400

WKR
Federal 210, 210m, 210 GMM will all basically behave the same. They're starting to come available too if you're willing to pay hazmat

Any primers worth a try but there are some primer/powder combinations that don't perform very well together. No one can really say which I guess.

Federal 210 work with most of my powders. The one exception is 4064 and I had a little less standard deviation and extreme spread on velocity using Remington primers.