$4-500 scope recomendations

isu22andy

WKR
Would like to spend 500 or under. Lockable turrets - dont care about windage as much as elevation. 4-16 zoom . RELIABLE and LOCKABLE Turrets are my main gripe. I missed a critter to a turret that didnt lock one time and itll never happen again. 30 MM tube prefferably . Good CS if possible . Suggestions ?

The Athlon Midas tac hd might work for you. I’ve never had my hands on one but I’ve been eying them for a while and heard good things about Athlon both for reliability and customer service.

Look at the Burris Veracity line of scopes. Have 4 of them, they are FFP, zero stop, great glass, no issues with returning to zero, solid for dialing yardage. I have custom yardage turrets on all of them.

Why not go capped turrets? The more features you add to your list on a budget the more you take away from the glass and build quality of the optic.

My suggestion is the Vortex Viper HS or HSLR 4-16x44. I have had the latter and the turret had 1/2 moa adjustments that would stay put. I have scopes that cost twice as much as that one that wouldn't keep up. Better than both of my gen 2 PST's.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
If it were me I think I’d look at the Vortex Diamondback Tactical its one of the cheapest FFP scopes you can buy and you can’t beat a Vortex warranty.

(edit) Though I do have 2 Vortex HS-LR 6-24, and I love them.