4 fletch helicle or straight

bsnedeker

WKR
I do straight with an offset. I just put as much angle on it as possible while still maintaining contact with the arrow... which is not a lot!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I dodnt pay attention when I bought my jig and it came with a right helicle. Trying to decide if I need to buy a straight clamp tomorrow.

ahlgringo

WKR
No, not unless you want to be able to do both. I use a Bitz with 4 and the right clamp. Works awesome, arrows fly, bh’s stabilized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right helical, 3 or 4 fletch for me. My Bitzenberger is my oldest piece of archery gear that I use. Still works great after 45 yrs.

I do straight with an offset. I just put as much angle on it as possible while still maintaining contact with the arrow... which is not a lot!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exact same thing for me too. I just don't think that helicle is necessary and it can cause more noise especially with broadheads in my opinion.

bsnedeker

WKR
Exact same thing for me too. I just don't think that helicle is necessary and it can cause more noise especially with broadheads in my opinion.

I just did some testing and found I had the same groups with an offset as I had with a helical. Helical is going to slow your arrow down a bit more than offset and with my current setup I need as much speed as I can get...shooting a 635 grain arrow at 255 fps from my 70 pound hoyt defiant turbo at a 29 inch draw.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I just did some testing and found I had the same groups with an offset as I had with a helical. Helical is going to slow your arrow down a bit more than offset and with my current setup I need as much speed as I can get...shooting a 635 grain arrow at 255 fps from my 70 pound hoyt defiant turbo at a 29 inch draw.
An extra 200 grains over what you need will slow your arrow down, too.

I like helical.

1ce839e8cdc2cf9d58bda9ee29699ddb.jpg
1b0da62390419db1d6ef8ced1343a6b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
An extra 200 grains over what you need will slow your arrow down, too.

I like helical.

1ce839e8cdc2cf9d58bda9ee29699ddb.jpg
1b0da62390419db1d6ef8ced1343a6b8.jpg

Thanks! I hadn't realized it wasn't necessary or that adding that weight quieted my bow down significantly while also improving my groups! Based on your feedback I will cut back to a 400 grain arrow that doesn't get any penetration and doesn't fly as well out of my rig...thank goodness you were here!

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! I hadn't realized it wasn't necessary or that adding that weight quieted my bow down significantly while also improving my groups! Based on your feedback I will cut back to a 400 grain arrow that doesn't get any penetration and doesn't fly as well out of my rig...thank goodness you were here!
Ok, bud. 440 grain carbon arrows have been blowing through game forever but, you know, whatever you want to believe.

Worrying about vanes slowing down your 600+ grain arrow is like worrying about the spoiler on your Prius not providing enough downforce. 255FPS with that arrow is great, though. I wouldn't mind losing 5-6 off of that.

bsnedeker

WKR
Ok, bud. 440 grain carbon arrows have been blowing through game forever but, you know, whatever you want to believe.

Worrying about vanes slowing down your 600+ grain arrow is like worrying about the spoiler on your Prius not providing enough downforce. 255FPS with that arrow is great, though. I wouldn't mind losing 5-6 off of that.

Yeah, I don't really recall asking for your opinion on my setup. If you somehow took an invitation to give your opinion on my rig in my original post then perhaps reading comprehension isn't a strong point for you?

I have many reasons for going with the setup that I did. This thread was not about arrow weight, it was about straight versus helical. I gave my logic for going the way I did. Thanks for playing, try trolling on AT if you feel the overwhelming desire to criticize people you don't know.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I don't really recall asking for your opinion on my setup. If you somehow took an invitation to give your opinion on my rig in my original post then perhaps reading comprehension isn't a strong point for you?

I have many reasons for going with the setup that I did. This thread was not about arrow weight, it was about straight versus helical. I gave my logic for going the way I did. Thanks for playing, try trolling on AT if you feel the overwhelming desire to criticize people you don't know.
I'm not criticizing you. Also, not trolling. I was just giving my opiNion in an open discussion forum. I didn't say there's anything wrong with what you're doing just stated that I wouldn't worry about losing a few FPS on a mega-heavy arrow because it wouldn't really be significant in reality.