460 smith&wesson

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,

For those of you who have the Smith & Wesson 460 magnum revolvers, can you please let me now what you think about the gun? I am ordering a S&W 460 performance center with 10" barrel.

I came across this video on youtube (
) and how the guy is complaining that his frame has become unsafe after 400 rounds and S&W warranty won't cover it. I have also came across some other people complaining about how their S&W XFrame revolvers had frames cracking and S&W warranty won't do anything.

I realize that on the internet most people will only complain and happy customers don't really post their experiences. So for anyone who has been using their S&W 460 for a while now, how has the gun performed? Is it pretty solid? Also what is S&W warranty really like if shooting factory loaded ammo ruins the gun.

Thanks

wyosteve

WKR
I've been shooting my 5" .460 for about 10 years now. Probably 1000 rounds through it with a mixture of .45 Colt, 454 Casull and .460 S&W. Not one issue. Love the gun.

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting my 5" .460 for about 10 years now. Probably 1000 rounds through it with a mixture of .45 Colt, 454 Casull and .460 S&W. Not one issue. Love the gun.
Can you shoot any factory loads including hot Buffalo Bores ammo with the Smith & Wesson 460 revolvers?

wyosteve

WKR
I have shot all brands including Buffalo Bore without problems. 10 rounds of that during practice is about all I want to do though!

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I have shot all brands including Buffalo Bore without problems. 10 rounds of that during practice is about all I want to do though!
Have you had to tight the screws below the cylinder? Or put loctite on it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jeffpg

WKR
The 12 inch ones I see don’t have a muzzle brake. Are you seriously shooting this thing without one? I’ve shot the freedom arms casual with hot loads and it’s too much for more than a half a dozen rounds for me
No break on the S&W. It's a bit heavier than the Freedom Arms revolvers. I have fired them as well and they have more felt recoil. I don't really have any trouble with this one. I have a Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull as well and it's ported and heavy. It is a joy to shoot.