Colonoscopy....

Rokbar

WKR
I have my 3rd one this week. Like mentioned before, prep is the worst part. The propival (sp) is the best sleep you can get. ( Ask Michael Jackson), I wish they would let you sleep it off. I try to fight it when they start counting back but never make it. Had one negative polyp removed last time.

bradb

WKR
No, I was awake through it. Truly only remember little bits. I didn't relealize I was going to be awake tell just before going in.

In my 70 years, I have had 4, and used all of the preps over those times. Drinking the gallon of Colyte prep the first time. Then the Fleet enemas for the second along with bisacodyl tabs, third time was Citrate of magnesia with bisacodyl tabs. This last time, I used a new prep process called Sutab by prescription from the Doctor. It is BY FAR the best and easiest way to go. You take some of the tabs with water, then an hour later more tabs. After that you take a total of ten tabs, 2 at a time with a sip of water every couple of minutes (can't recall how long). Then the BM starts, lasts about 5 minutes, then it's over. I didn't stay on the toilet all night long, every 15 minutes like the other preps. Then I took a couple tabs 4 hours before (??) the prep, and that was it. No sore/raw exit hole, no "accidents", and everything was easy peasy.
At the facility, nurse started IV, then said "you are going to feel a little sleepy", and she injected Propafol into the IV. Next thing I remember, I was in recovery with Nurse stating "Everything was fine, you should be ready to get dressed in a few minutes". Wife then drove me home. A week later, Wife did the same with the same prep. She agreed it was the best and easiest prep ever.

In my 70 years, I have had 4, and used all of the preps over those times. Drinking the gallon of Colyte prep the first time. Then the Fleet enemas for the second along with bisacodyl tabs, third time was Citrate of magnesia with bisacodyl tabs. This last time, I used a new prep process called Sutab by prescription from the Doctor. It is BY FAR the best and easiest way to go. You take some of the tabs with water, then an hour later more tabs. After that you take a total of ten tabs, 2 at a time with a sip of water every couple of minutes (can't recall how long). Then the BM starts, lasts about 5 minutes, then it's over. I didn't stay on the toilet all night long, every 15 minutes like the other preps. Then I took a couple tabs 4 hours before (??) the prep, and that was it. No sore/raw exit hole, no "accidents", and everything was easy peasy.
At the facility, nurse started IV, then said "you are going to feel a little sleepy", and she injected Propafol into the IV. Next thing I remember, I was in recovery with Nurse stating "Everything was fine, you should be ready to get dressed in a few minutes". Wife then drove me home. A week later, Wife did the same with the same prep. She agreed it was the best and easiest prep ever.
That sound much better, I'm going to ask my doctor about this for my procedure next month.

I have got a colonoscopy about once a year since I was a a kiddo, due to gi issues. I have been put under and I have done them slightly sedated. truly not a big deal at all. The worst part to me is the fast you have to do before the procedure. YOU GOT THIS

Loo.wii

WKR
Tomorrow....for both wife and me. Our first. Colon issues run in my family so I'm overdue.
Just chugged round one of the purge juice, good lord--gack! Waiting for the purge now....

Anyone else gotten the probe lately?
Very romantic 💝

I had a similar probe stuck up my meat stick. It hurt coming and going. And the woman who did the procedure pulled the probe out like she was trying to start a lawn mower.
Hopefully you had a better time

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Very romantic 💝

I had a similar probe stuck up my meat stick. It hurt coming and going. And the woman who did the procedure pulled the probe out like she was trying to start a lawn mower.
Hopefully you had a better time
LOL! Yeah we got through it fine, old posting here, but we're still pulling and updating for everyone to keep at this for their colon health.

Was it love at first yank for you?

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
Had my first a couple months ago at age 49. They found 3 polyps so I'm on the every 5 years schedule now.

Anyone reading this thread who knows that it's time to get one done but is dragging their heels should go make their appt right now. The procedure is nothing, the prep isn't fun but not even in the top 30 worst things you've ever had to go through in your life, and colon cancer is a ******* terrible way to go out.

Ralphie

WKR
Had my first last fall. The prep was not fun, but the fasting was the worst part for me. Procedure was about as easy as laying naked under a sheet in front of a bunch of people can be. No big deal.

I had my first at age 35 due to some gastrointestinal issues. Found 3 polyps and I'll be back in 3 years. Glad I got it done. Overall pretty non-eventful.