6.5 130 Grain Berger AR OTM for Hunting

My Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor shoots little bug holes with the 130 grain Berger Hybrids/AR OTM with Superformance powder.

Anyone hunt with this? I have seen some success stories on the Long Range Hunting Forum but not much else. They shoot really well.

cowboy300

WKR
I have used the factory loaded 130 otm 6.5 creed and they shot great. The only downside is I had multiple pencil through shots on game I’m guessing due to closed tips. Check your tips and you should be good to go.

slowelk

WKR
I have used the factory loaded 130 otm 6.5 creed and they shot great. The only downside is I had multiple pencil through shots on game I’m guessing due to closed tips. Check your tips and you should be good to go.

Shot distance, impact velocity?

cowboy300

WKR
Shot distance, impact velocity?
Bear was 630yds watched him take it perfect mid body through the scope (he was quartering away) and did a somersault at the shot. Went down there and absolutely no blood and never found him in thick oakbrush. Thought it was weird. Then I was guiding and lending my rifle to clients and we shot 3-4 antelope at an average of 200-400 yds and averaged 3-4 shots each goat to put them down. Almost all impacts bullet hole in and out no expansion. Like shooting fmj on coyotes. I quit using the rifle after that. I didn’t have anything with me to open tips up. Went home and almost every tip in those factory loads were closed. They were federal gold medal match. I’m a huge Berger fan and probably have 60 kills with various Berger bullets but those particular loads were a shit show. I switched to handloaded 130 eldm. Rifle was Barret fieldcraft with 18” bbl with a can. Muzzle velocity around 2750fps if I remember right.