Votes: 31 16.1%
  • 143 ELD-X

Votes: 94 48.7%
  • 156 EOL

Votes: 19 9.8%

• Total voters

Wrongside

WKR
127 gr LRX should be extremely reliable until your bullet drops below 2600 fps. With a decent load you should stay fast enough up to about 330 yards. In closer it holds together well. I would love to hear reviews of that bullet at slower velocities.
Barnes says the 127LRX is reliable down to 1600 fps. We've been using it out of CMs, that start them barely faster than 2600 fps. Performance has been uniformly excellent from moose to deer.

Last edited:

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
127 gr LRX should be extremely reliable until your bullet drops below 2600 fps. With a decent load you should stay fast enough up to about 330 yards. In closer it holds together well. I would love to hear reviews of that bullet at slower velocities.
1600, not 2600. At 2600 it wouldn't be much of a Long Range X Bullet

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
If you pick the LRX, be sure of what's behind your antelope.
May be mistaken, but that is what I learned in my hunter's safety course 50 years ago whether you are shooting a 22LR or a high powered rifle. Always be aware of what is behind your target.

Seeknelk

WKR
300 PRC and 215 berger will kill em😁. Hit it thru the ribs about 6 inches behind leg crease to stay away from meat. 345 yards. Dropped it and ruined zero of the awesome meat. Take out the lungs on anything and they die quick.
I'd use the 140 ELD on everything from elk to yotes if that was my 6.5.

I haven’t shot interlocks in awhile, but I did kill a grizz with one in AK back when. Not the best BC, but if they’re accurate, shoot ‘em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything I've pointed a 7-08 at, with139 Interlocks, has died where it was standing. Don't think I'd try it on a grizz, though...

All my shots at game are kept to 300 yds or less. 😉✌️

flyboy214

FNG
Barnes says the 127LRX is reliable down to 1600 fps. We've been using it out of CMs, that start them barely faster than 2600 fps. Performance has been uniformly excellent from moose to deer.
How far is your average shot and your farthest shot? That sounds like great reliability. Did the deer sized game drop on the spot?

My only experience was at 91 yards with a 6.5-300 and it absolutely flattened that mule deer. I was happy to be shooting a copper solid bullet that held together.

Wrongside

WKR
How far is your average shot and your farthest shot? That sounds like great reliability. Did the deer sized game drop on the spot?

My only experience was at 91 yards with a 6.5-300 and it absolutely flattened that mule deer. I was happy to be shooting a copper solid bullet that held together.
Probably sub-150 meters on average? Longest ~300. We consider it a 400ish Meter max load and switch to other projectiles for longer range shots.

Some have. None have gone far. I shot my bull moose a couple years ago, at around 80 meters. He was facing me. So I shot him high in the chest, the bullet penetrated to his pelvis, he dropped on the spot and never moved. My 7mag shooting buddy was ‘surprised’… ;)

I can imagine the 127LRX is ‘decisive’ at Weatherby speeds!

raske007

FNG
Berger 140 elite hunter I'm sure would do the job. Otherwise an accubond. Antelope are not as hearty as elk, but I would think the accubond would be the bullet with the most amount of margin. Shot placement obviously trumps bullet construction, but I like to give myself as much margin as possible when hunting.