6.5 Creedmoor hand load

Broles32

FNG
Hey guys, looking for some help on a lead free hand load for my Bergara HMR B-14 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Wondering what everyone has had the best luck with bullet wise and such. Boxed Barnes LRX 127 gr is what I’ve had the best luck with and I am working on a load with this bullet to fine tune my groups & consistency. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
H4350 or RL16 with 140 Berger Elites. The 143 ELD-X works well too.

wyosam

WKR
Lots of recommendations for lead bullets...

I switched to Hammers from the 127LRX, but I had good luck with H4350 and RL16 with that bullet. If I still had some to load, I would even be tempted to try them with Varget, which works great with the 124 hammer (which actually weigh closer to 126).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been using the Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 cm for a little over 2 years now and can't complain about the rifle. I've tried many different combinations of bullets and powders over that time and have settled on the 130gr. Berger VLD hunters because of the consistent 1/4 - 1/2 MOA groups. They sit in Starline brass and are pushed by Varget powder at ~ 2750fps. with an SD of 5. I know these aren't solid copper bullets but in my experience the heavier bullets in the 140ish range (ELD-X/M) didn't give quite the performance of the lighter bullets that are in the 130gr (Berger) and on down to 120gr (SST, Nosler BT). Also the 22" barrel on the rifle is nice for moving in tight areas but at the expense of velocity. When I shoot mine out, I will be putting a 24" back onto it.