6.5 CM whitetail bullet

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
Curious what everyone recommends for a bullet to reload in my 6.5 creedmoor for whitetails. Average distance is 100-300 yards, give or take. Bergara b-14 hunter. I’m thinking I want a controlled expansion or mono bullet. The eld-m reloads shoot awesome out of it and they kill deer but I like to tinker. One of the accubond bullets or Barnes bullets have had my attention.
For the ranges you list, it’s pretty hard to beat the plain ol’ Hornady 129gr Interlock. I’ve shot several critters with them out of a .260 and they leave a silver dollar sized exit with good destruction on the internals.

John

For the ranges you list, it’s pretty hard to beat the plain ol’ Hornady 129gr Interlock. I’ve shot several critters with them out of a .260 and they leave a silver dollar sized exit with good destruction on the internals.

John
Although I load and shoot 140-147 Hornadys, I have to agree with this. Nothing beats an Interlock for a hunting bullet for the price to performance ratio.

My son has killed 11 deer with the Barnes 100 gr. TTSX. Most were DRT and the ones that did run left an easy to follow short blood trails. This was a reduced recoil load I worked up for him. My youngest son will use it next year as my oldest has stepped up to a .308 Win now.IMG_1290.jpegIMG_0885.jpegIMG_0829.jpeg

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
No. The bullet named tipped gameking is in fact a plastic tipped pro hunter, a relatively tough, slow expanding bullet with a thick jacket. The bullet named tipped matchking is in fact a typical gameking with a plastic tip, so it upsets rapidly and makes huge wound channels.

There are some really good bullet cutaway pictures on the lrh forum, but this site is the gold mine for info how bullets actually kill game and field necropsies.
The TMK is not a gameking with a tip. It's a Matchking with a tip. The 130TMK is a great bullet in the 6.5 The 130TGK is as well. It's a tough bullet, for sure, and shoots extremely well. Either of them would make a great hunting bullet.