6.5 PRC Factory rifles

Hi all! Looking for advice on these following 6.5 PRC factory rifles. I have looked at the various models of all these and prefer cerakote finish and threaded barrel. I have .30 cal rifle so that is why I am going with the PRC. Looking for my total rifle weight to be in the 8-9 pound range( rifle, scope, can). Bare rifle budget is up to $1400 Let me know your thoughts!

Savage 110 ultralight
Browning hells canyon speed
Tikka 3TX lite
Weatherby Vanguard

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Something to take into consideration when looking at these rifles is the rigidity of their stocks. When you look at a few of these rifles you will see a plastic stock. When they are rested on a backpack, rock, or even a bipod, the rigidity of those stocks does not keep them from flexing up and touching the barrel. This will cause accuracy issues and could potentially create a bad or unethical shot. We have a chassis inlet for the savage 110 ultralight and tikka t3 which is a great aftermarket option and is a huge upgrade from the flimsy stocks. The chassis is a direct drop-in so there is no gunsmithing needed, just bolt it in and go. Let us know if you have any questions or need anything!

I have the Savage UltraLight in 6.5 PRC. It came in a few ounces heavier than the published weight. Shoots commercial ELD-M very well and hand-loaded ELD-M exceptionally well. It is my dedicated long range Coues rifle and has proven to be well suited for this.

I have a T3X in 6.5 CM and 300 WM. Both are insanely accurate and have proven themselves repeatedly in the field. If I were shopping for a PRC today, Tikka would be definitely be in my top 2 for consideration.

A trusted friend has the Hells Canyon in 6.5 PRC. It shoots exceptionally well and he raves about it.

Wetwork

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat. Want a 6.5PRC bad. However my search isn't the rifle itself right now, but bullets and brass to feed one. I never thought I'd be searching for ammo before getting the actual gun. Hope you got a line on that stuff already. Sucks to get a rifle and you can't even sight it in. Good luck, I'm leaning Tikka myself.-WW

All those options are great guns. Handle them if you can and pick which ever feels the best.

I think the Bergara premier mountain is out of budget? Those look amazing, but then you're also approaching Fierce pricing.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
JP Sauer 100
That's the rifle/company that Hornady worked with when developing the cartridge.
I sure like mine, although not made in USA.
Mauser is the parent company of JP Sauer...

Just my two cents

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I bought a Tikka in 6.5 prc and so far I'm very impressed with it. I dont have a ton of rounds through it yet but after a quick barrel break in of shoot 1 and clean after like 3 rounds I said screw it and just shot it. Once I got it dialed in I shot a 3 shot group of something like .665. I have 13 total rounds through it and hopefully more this weekend if it isnt pissing rain. It was between the Tikka and a Browning Hells Canyon when I bought mine and I'm glad I went Tikka. Ammo is out there, I bought 50 rounds through Unknown Munitions and found 7 boxes at a local shop and bought some brass off here. I should be set with brass for a while.

I am very happy with my Christensen Arms Mesa 6.5 PRC. It shoots everything I have run through it very well. It did have to go back to the factory for ejection issues, but CA was a pleasure to deal with through the process.

I wouldn't hesitate to own any of those on your list.

Ammo availability needs to be a concern of yours.

Also looking for the same. Tikka catalog lists the basic t3x lite stainless in 6.5 prc this year. When they hit the states I will likely own one.

Only problem is sourcing factory ammo these days..

I think the Bergara premier mountain is out of budget? Those look amazing, but then you're also approaching Fierce pricing.
While I’m absolutely satisfied with how mine shoots, I wouldn’t go this route again. I cannot stand the grip, it puts my finger a mile from the trigger. It has a neutral or slightly negative comb, but even with low rings I had to add a cheek riser. With the weight that adds, I could’ve just bought a tikka and dropped it in a stock that fits me for less money. Of course, tikka wasn’t an option when I was in the market, and I wasn’t going to wait with no solid timeline.

Edit: also a 24” non-threaded barrel only

While I’m absolutely satisfied with how mine shoots, I wouldn’t go this route again. I cannot stand the grip, it puts my finger a mile from the trigger. It has a neutral or slightly negative comb, but even with low rings I had to add a cheek riser. With the weight that adds, I could’ve just bought a tikka and dropped it in a stock that fits me for less money. Of course, tikka wasn’t an option when I was in the market, and I wasn’t going to wait with no solid timeline.

Edit: also a 24” non-threaded barrel only

Which route did you go, Bergara or Fierce?

My only hesitation on the Bergara would be the comb. I have a B14 that I've struggled to find an aftermarket cheek riser kit. Getting ready to drill into now...

Which route did you go, Bergara or Fierce?

My only hesitation on the Bergara would be the comb. I have a B14 that I've struggled to find an aftermarket cheek riser kit. Getting ready to drill into now...
Bergara. I threw on a Bradley adjustable for now. Can’t stand the thought of drilling into it just yet.

OP
Huntingnorseman
Thanks everyone for the info. I am going to stop by a couple local shops and see which of these feels best this weekend.

Sauer 100 most underrated/ unknown rifle on the market. I would compare it to a tikka with with a better stock magazine and tigger. If do my job mine it will shoot 1/2 Moa groups. Plus it’s in a long action if you want to shoot the 156s all day long.
They have a long LOP. That works well for me, but others may have an issue with it.

OP
Huntingnorseman
I handles all the rifles in my list today. The tikka and savage definitely had a better fit for me with the savage being slightly better balanced. The guy hat the local shop said they have had to send a few savages back due to the scope tapped holes not being straight. Anyone else heard of this.
I do like the look and feel of a Seekins but the one I handles the bolt felt pretty sloppy. Anyone had a bad Seekins?