6.5 PRC Factory rifles

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
There's a Christianson Ridgeline on the Washington hunting forum for $1650 I keep telling myself I don't need it but I really want it. I wish someone else would buy it so I don't have to explain to the wife why I needed it especially since I just bought an xdm 10mm.

idahodave

WKR
My Havak bolt seemed...rough...at first too. I took it home and cycled it a hundred times or so and it feels smooth as butter now. Lots of reports of the same from other Seekins owners. Most importanly, it shoots like a house of fire. They are simply fantastic killing tools.
Dave

I had a Bushnell LRTS 3-12x44 sitting in the safe when along came a Sauer 100 Atacama in 6.5PRC. Have not had a chance to get to the range yet, but reports lead me to believe it should be plenty accurate. 8lbs14oz as setup with Talleys, ready to roll with cerakote, threaded barrel, smooth trigger, and a stout DBM. I'm sure you could drop some considerable weight with a lighter scope and chopping the 24" barrel. Not on your list, but might be worth a look.

Had a Seekins PH1 in 6.5 PRC that shot in the 0.3" range with factory Hornady. Nice rifle, but I was not impressed by the action and I decided I did not like carrying a rifle with a tactical-style stock for the way I would hunt with it.

Anxious to wring out the Sauer. I call it a "German Tikka" because of the short bolt lift, DBM, crisp trigger and smooth action. That said, I would not hesitate to buy a Tikka. It is by far my favorite factory rifle, for the numerous reasons already listed.

Attachments

• 20211214_012457.jpg
    20211214_012457.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211214_012956.jpg
    20211214_012956.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

ET8300

FNG
I handles all the rifles in my list today. The tikka and savage definitely had a better fit for me with the savage being slightly better balanced. The guy hat the local shop said they have had to send a few savages back due to the scope tapped holes not being straight. Anyone else heard of this.
I do like the look and feel of a Seekins but the one I handles the bolt felt pretty sloppy. Anyone had a bad Seekins?
I have the Seekins pro hunter 2 in 6.5 prc. Great shooter. Bolt is not sloppy at all.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
I am very happy with my Christensen Arms Mesa 6.5 PRC. It shoots everything I have run through it very well. It did have to go back to the factory for ejection issues, but CA was a pleasure to deal with through the process.

I wouldn't hesitate to own any of those on your list.

Ammo availability needs to be a concern of yours.
I just bought the same rifle at the Sportsmans warehouse Black friday sale. After today it has 33 rounds through it th worst group was 1/2 inch and the last group using 143 gr. Eldx was a ragged hole. My only regret is I didnt buy two of them.

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
Also looking for the same. Tikka catalog lists the basic t3x lite stainless in 6.5 prc this year. When they hit the states I will likely own one.

Only problem is sourcing factory ammo these days..
Does anyone have any idea when these will be available or have any Intel to share.

Jjmayes83

FNG
I have a savage 110 ultralight its not 6.5 prc its a Creedmoor but I absolutely love the gun. Very accurate comfortable and with the accufit stock once i had lop and comb set it was basically custom fit and very comfortable. I love shooting that gun. The only negative was the bolt was grabby in the beginning but once I shot and worked it a bit it smoothed right out.

OP
Huntingnorseman
I have a savage 110 ultralight its not 6.5 prc its a Creedmoor but I absolutely love the gun. Very accurate comfortable and with the accufit stock once i had lop and comb set it was basically custom fit and very comfortable. I love shooting that gun. The only negative was the bolt was grabby in the beginning but once I shot and worked it a bit it smoothed right out.
When I was looking at the 110 ultralight I noticed there is a gap between the bolt body and the rest of the action when the bolt is forward. This leaves the top of the magazine open to debris. Anyone have issues with stuff getting in there? I also noticed This on a few other brands in this price range with detachable magazines.

Jjmayes83

FNG
When I was looking at the 110 ultralight I noticed there is a gap between the bolt body and the rest of the action when the bolt is forward. This leaves the top of the magazine open to debris. Anyone have issues with stuff getting in there? I also noticed This on a few other brands in this price range with detachable magazines.
I haven't noticed anything since I got it about a year ago. But I also so far mostly used it for range time. Only brought it out hunting a couple times. But I'll keep an eye on it.