6.5 PRC

So sounds like a SS spiral fluted 1.75 20” woudnt be a problem, other then a little bit less velocity
Yep you'll be good to go, a 20" barrel will give you plenty of velocity.
I'm sending the 156s at 2775, and 140s at 2960
If going 16" I'd go 7.5, your speeds will probably be on par with 6.5 creed. I'd worry about all that fire/powder burning in your can at that short of a length. I just started a short barrel saum build for supressed hunting. But short to me is 21" to put my ultra7 on.
Get a can rated for it and you shouldn't have any problems,
I'm pretty impressed with the velocity im getting with the shorty barrel, plenty of power for elk out to 500.
Here's a still frame showing the muzzle flame out of the super short 4" suppressor, its not real quiet but it 100% takes the blast away.
I have a Banish 30 in jail that should be approved any time now, it doesn't have a minimum barrel length for magnums and should do a real good job quieting her down.
Good luck with your saum, you'll love the short barrel
20210326_081049.jpg

OXN939

WKR
Yep you'll be good to go, a 20" barrel will give you plenty of velocity.
I'm sending the 156s at 2775, and 140s at 2960

Get a can rated for it and you shouldn't have any problems,
I'm pretty impressed with the velocity im getting with the shorty barrel, plenty of power for elk out to 500.
Here's a still frame showing the muzzle flame out of the super short 4" suppressor, its not real quiet but it 100% takes the blast away.
I have a Banish 30 in jail that should be approved any time now, it doesn't have a minimum barrel length for magnums and should do a real good job quieting her down.
Good luck with your saum, you'll love the short barrel
View attachment 277229

Necromancing for all the guys on this one pulling the 6.5 PRC load development thread now that it's had some time to marinate. Anyone shoot a barrel out yet? Heard a guy I shoot with some said he started to notice groups opening up by 1200 rounds.