6mm prc

amassi

WKR
What seating stem did you get to work with your 6.5 prc competition seater? I order the 6mm Redding stem for my 6.5 prc dies and it doesn’t fit, there is a ton of slop compared to the 6.5 stem.

Just use the oem 6.5 stem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntnful

WKR
I have a reamer designed and in the works at JGS. It’s Alex wheelers 6.5 PRC case body dimensions, with a .279 neck diameter to accommodate Lapua brass neck thickness and .200 freebore for the 108 ELDM.

It’s just called “6 PRC SE” in their data log if anyone want to copy it. They just email me asking for permission and I don’t care who orders one.

I have a reamer designed and in the works at JGS. It’s Alex wheelers 6.5 PRC case body dimensions, with a .279 neck diameter to accommodate Lapua brass neck thickness and .200 freebore for the 108 ELDM.

It’s just called “6 PRC SE” in their data log if anyone want to copy it. They just email me asking for permission and I don’t care who orders one.
How is that different from your current chamber? Bigger neck, more freebore, wheeler ass end?

huntnful

WKR
How is that different from your current chamber? Bigger neck, more freebore, wheeler ass end?
My old one (I sold it to make a new lighter build for actual hunting) had .130 freebore. I believe it still had the AW case body. No sure about the neck on it though. A standard neck would have been .278.

But I measured my loaded Lapua brass it was slightly thick for that. I’m sure .278 would have been fine, but the designer there recommends .005 clearance on the neck, and loaded Lapua was .274” OD at the neck

Gstew1930

FNG
Classified Approved
I was getting 3240-3260 with the 108 in the short throat chamber with a 24” barrel. With the longer throat reamer and 26” barrel I should be 3300+ pretty easily
Perfect thanks man. i'm wanting to do the same in 18". 3100 fps would probably be my guess then

That's good to hear, have a bunch of the 106 grain tap 2nds coming from Midway and had planned to run in a 6 magnum case, I have a bunch of n570 to either use or trade, so glad to hear it could be an option in prc size case

When do you expect to have this build completed? I’m interested in your results

huntnful

WKR
When do you expect to have this build completed? I’m interested in your results
I’m waiting on the new SA Vesper to finish production, as well as the reamer. I also ordered a rok stok to test out. But already had a peak 44 Bastion on the way also.

Basically I’m waiting on components without any guaranteed dates. But everything should be within 2-3 months are this point I would think.

eoperator

WKR
Are you using lapua 6.5prc brass? If so what size sac neck/shoulder bushing are you using?