7 PRC on Tikka T3 vs T3X

Shane431

FNG
Quick question, I'm looking to build a 7PRC on a Tikka. Will the 7PRC eject fine out of an older T3 or would I be better off getting the T3X with the enlarged ejection port?

Appreciate the feedback

199p

FNG
If you already have a t3 then use that they still eject a 300win mag that's longer then the prc. if your buying one might aswel get the t3x

OP
Shane431

Shane431

FNG
The reason I’m asking is there’s a used 300 win mag for sale that’s a T3. So I could save a few bucks.

Gila

WKR
The reason I’m asking is there’s a used 300 win mag for sale that’s a T3. So I could save a few bucks.
Definitely will work with the T3 action. All they did with the T3x is open up the ejection port so that people could single feed easier instead of needing to use the DBM. But do take the bolt apart on the T3 and check the firing pin. I had to replace the firing pin assembly on one of my old T3 bolts for a build. You will also need to replace the plastic bolt shroud with a metal one. The plastic works ok, just that the wear on the rear rails will be less with the metal shroud. Other than that, the bolts are the same as with the T3x. The aluminum recoil lug on the T3 can be replaced with a steel lug but either one shouldl function well.

Brix8984

WKR
Beautiful build! Do you have a build list? I looked at your profile and didn’t a thread on it
It’s a Mesa/Pure precision altitude stock, carbon six featherweight, and mountain tactical bottom metal mag and rail.

BurtonGus

FNG
I am in a similar boat. I can buy a T3 stainless .243 for $600. My plan is to shoot it until I decide to rebarrel to a 22 creedmoor. At that price, is it worth it or would all you Tikka experts go for the T3x?

I am in a similar boat. I can buy a T3 stainless .243 for $600. My plan is to shoot it until I decide to rebarrel to a 22 creedmoor. At that price, is it worth it or would all you Tikka experts go for the T3x?

Buy it!

When I was looking for a donor for my 338 Sherman Mega, I lucked into a T3 chambered in .270WSM. It is working just fine. The only "problem" for me is that nobody seems to want the .270WSM take off barrel, so it is still in my parts pile. :)

max-x

FNG
The 'old' T3 action works great/ identically to the X for almost everything. Only time trouble may be incurred is running a dssf or polymer feed lip aics mag. It looks like that was the reason the magazine inlet was enlarged slightly.