7 SAUM chamber question

deadwolf

WKR
Many smiths will chamber for certain actions, including desired freebore. Generally the actions that we know to be of top quality. Bighorn, Lone Peak, Defiance, impact precision, BAT, et cetera. Blue Mountain precision comes to mind. For example, I have a lone peak Fuzion ti, I could call and have him build a prefit for it in my desired chambering and freebore and have it shipped to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forest

WKR
Are you guys that are extending freebore buying prefits and having a smith extend or are you better off getting a blank and having a smith do it all?
That's a question for your smith. Mine was fine with it either way. Also, ive been told carbon six will now extend the freebore if you provide them with a dummy round. They just started providing this recently. As I ordered my barrel last fall and they couldn't do that at the time, but I would confirm with them first.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I too would be curious how long you can load the 155 hammers?? My smith will be extending my throat to the dummy round with that bullet. The eld-x must really be pushed down in there it's even longer yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I'm running the 155 Hammers at 2.950"

I know where it shows up. I’m asking when are you seeing it. I’ve shot a pile of rounds in my rifles and haven’t noticed any of those issues.
It really varies with powder quantity, type, cleaning regiment, and even excessive freebore.
Neglect cleaning and it'll show up eventually

N2TRKYS

WKR
It really varies with powder quantity, type, cleaning regiment, and even excessive freebore.
Neglect cleaning and it'll show up eventually

10-4. I guess what I’ve been doing has been warding off this dreaded condition. Seems like going through the trouble and expense of adding freebore ain’t worth the squeeze.

Thank you very much.