750W Fat Tire E Bike- $275

CorbLand

WKR
Mine came in today early!

0faf664bd45912b831cfb50f1be2b77c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hell yea, dude. You got the upgraded full suspension model.

gostovp

WKR
Another weird post from SlickDeals thread…
But I cannot imagine this happening… that a third party seller could pose as Amazon…

Attachments

• IMG_8365.jpeg
    IMG_8365.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 116
Another weird post from SlickDeals thread…
But I cannot imagine this happening… that a third party seller could pose as Amazon…
I looked through my extensive order history and there's more than a handful of Amazon.com Services LLC in there. Them SlickDeals peeps are just losing their minds.

Some1 said these bikes are not UL 2849 certified, and said something about many states are introducing bills to ban uncertified bikes in apartments and stuff like that.

Which makes sense as to why they are getting rid of em so cheap.

For those not aware, New york had one of its deadliest apartment fires in a long time due to lithium batteries in bikes. And they are happening constantly around the city.

I could see amazon wanting to get these out of their warehouse before legislation is passed.

Hnthrdr

WKR
As far as battery fire thing goes, do not leave them plugged in constantly, plug it in to charge and then unplug it when it’s done. Been on several car/bike/ lith-ion fires and the root cause is typically people leaving them plugged for way longer then it takes to charge the battery

OP
Vansomerenc
As far as battery fire thing goes, do not leave them plugged in constantly, plug it in to charge and then unplug it when it’s done. Been on several car/bike/ lith-ion fires and the root cause is typically people leaving them plugged for way longer then it takes to charge the battery
Absolutely these carry the risk of any other lithium ion battery. I’d highly suggest people treat these with caution. Shit even $60k Tesla have had battery fires.

gostovp

WKR
I’ve read all the SD threads on these EB deals. The first “deals” dropped on Sunday. Everyone got shipping notifications within minutes or hours, and the Amazon tracking says “picked up by carrier” but the UPS tracking says “label created UPS waiting for items” and anyone that tried to cancel couldn’t. People are saying it’s very odd that Amazon got these “shipped” so fast, and they are seeing the charges post to their CC even though it technically hasn’t “shipped” ( but this could be related to the previous post regarding marking things shipped immediately) . However nobody, even those that ordered right away on Sunday, has seen any movement/pickup on the UPS tracking side yet. Some people are speculating that they will never actually be delivered and that when they don’t the typical Amazon “come back on such and such date and request a refund” process will kick in..

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good luck folks, if you do get your bike keep in mind these are 750w hub drives and won't have the same torque as a mid drive (typically) so keep expectations on performance in check. IE it might not go up hills very well. That isn't a reflection on the "cheap" bike but the type of motor. Torque matters for hills.

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck folks, if you do get your bike keep in mind these are 750w hub drives and won't have the same torque as a mid drive (typically) so keep expectations on performance in check. IE it might not go up hills very well. That isn't a reflection on the "cheap" bike but the type of motor. Torque matters for hills.
I have a 750w QuietKat from the last e-bike deal, and mostly agree. Uphill, you will generally have to pedal some and can't just rely 100% on throttle, but would call it low-moderate effort pedaling. I am super happy with the 750w Pioneer @ the $650 I paid.

If given the option between hub and mid, mid would be the clear choice, BUT- 750w hub drive still blows a normal bike so far out of the water that if this deal actually delivers, it is well worth it.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a 750w QuietKat from the last e-bike deal, and mostly agree. Uphill, you will generally have to pedal some and can't just rely 100% on throttle, but would call it low-moderate effort pedaling. I am super happy with the 750w Pioneer @ the $650 I paid.

If given the option between hub and mid, mid would be the clear choice, BUT- 750w hub drive still blows a normal bike so far out of the water that if this deal actually delivers, it is well worth it.
Yep. Just making sure folks realize there is more difference than just "750W" when dealing with two different ebikes since I presume there are numerous folks just entering the realm with these deals.

How steep the uphill is and what load you're trying to move varies things alot too. Steep hills take a lot more torque than minor hills. And if folks are pulling a trailer with a load on it that substantially reduces uphill capacity. I put together a decently geared 1000w 52v mid drive that could take a minor hill at the local park at 15-20mph with just me but couldn't pull a trailer with 160lb on it up (but could pull that trailer fine on flats) when I was testing its capacities.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Thanks for the heads up, not expecting the world out of this chicom bike, just something to cruise a few groomed FS roads and trails on, likely with no extra weight or maybe a light day pack on. Figure any hills I will have help pedal but it is way faster than walking I would guess

Let me give you my opinion on all of this funny business these companies do with deals like this.

They offer these rock bottom deals to rocket up to #1 on Amazon’s best seller list. You get thousands of folks to ‘buy’ because it’s a deal of a lifetime and they spoof Amazon thinking they shipped it. So they have 7-10 days in the Number 1 spot for E-bike category before the refunds/no ships hit just in time for Christmas sales at their regular price they will gladly fulfill!!

gostovp

WKR
No movement on my orders yet either, and nobody on SD has seem any movement either. Many on SD have tried to contact Amazon support to see if the deal is legit and while the Amazon rep has said it is, most people feel the Amazon rep doesn’t know jack squat either and is just reading the updates on the screen.

I’m hoping the refund process is relatively painless…