777 powder in cold weather

Baddog

WKR
Is this stuff temperature sensitive? are my summer time load’s going to work in the cold?

To me it depends mostly on what your ignition source is and the construction of the breech plug. What rifle are you using and what ignition source?

I have never had a problem with the ignition or performance of T7 in the different weather conditions, If I do my part.

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
Have the same muzzleloader, been using it since 2014 with 777. Just keep the powder dry and it’ll go off. Temperature hasn’t been an issue.

I used 777 successfully with CCI #11 magnum percussion caps in my Pedersoli blackpowder shotgun hunting ducks in below freezing temperatures this past winter.

However, the nipple had to be completely cleaned with a pipe cleaner after each hunting trip, just sticking a needle or nipple pick through by itself wasn't enough to ensure reliable firing.

Dented

WKR
I've never had a temperature related 777 problem. I've burned a lot of it.

I've shot my fair share of late season deer with inline muzzleloaders using T7. The stuff is consistent and reliable as long you keep it dry and clean your firing pin assembly after shooting sessions. Beware of condensation inside the rifle bore as it can come back to bite you at the worst of times. Only time I've ever had a hang fire was 5 years ago during NE December muzzy season. Super cold day and I a nice mule deer buck broadside in the crosshairs. Pulled the trigger and all I heard was "click". Afterwards I realized that I had committed a rookie cardinal sin. Turns out that the firing pin mechanism was gunked up from my last shooting session and I had failed to clean it properly. So they say, valuable lessons are learned through one's mistakes.