7mm non magnum suggestions

SloppyJ

WKR
I really like the bottom plates on my model 70s. Granted, I've never owned a blind mag version, didn't know they existed honestly. I have a long action maple super grade that I'll be rebarreling to something funky this year. Still deciding buy it will be smaller than a 7mm since I have that covered.

Good luck with your build. Would love to follow along as you get it built up. I absolutely love model 70s. Guess I have an old soul. I sincerely wish they had a little more aftermarket support and I could find some stocks.

Since the cartridge just below the one you’re trying to chamber is providing upward pressure, I wonder if that’s going to be an issue if the second cartridge is fully rearward?
I just bought a 7mm08 barrel and I’m really curious how it will feed in my long action Rem 700 or if I need a spacer to reduce it to short action dimensions.

I know it isn’t apples to apples, but my 7-08AI feed just fine from a long action Tikka mag.

If you do end up needing to put a spacer in, I recommend using grabbing a piece of aluminum flat bar and epoxying it in. You can trim the follower or replace the long action one with a standard short action one, or an extended short action one from Wyatts.

TaperPin

WKR
I know it isn’t apples to apples, but my 7-08AI feed just fine from a long action Tikka mag.

If you do end up needing to put a spacer in, I recommend using grabbing a piece of aluminum flat bar and epoxying it in. You can trim the follower or replace the long action one with a standard short action one, or an extended short action one from Wyatts.
That’s good to know. I like your idea of the aluminum spacer.

OP
H
My smith sent me some photos. Got it all together with tungsten cerakote. I wont be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks. Its also still in factory stock. I decided to keep it until load development is done and make a decision on stock after that.

Attachments

• IMG_7872.jpg
    IMG_7872.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7869.jpg
    IMG_7869.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7870.jpg
    IMG_7870.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 19

TaperPin

WKR
My smith sent me some photos. Got it all together with tungsten cerakote. I wont be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks. Its also still in factory stock. I decided to keep it until load development is done and make a decision on stock after that.
That barrel contour is really cool