7prc Large Rifle Primers

Has anyone tested this cartridge with large rifle primers in low temperatures? I know magnum primers are recommended, but people do use large rifle primers for this cartridge with good results. I am just wondering if in cold temperatures down to 10 or even 0 degrees if I would have an issue. Thanks.

Use LRM and dont look back. How much did the hunt cost? Dont cheap out by saving $10-20.......the difference between the regular vs mag primers for 1K. There are options available right now.

OP
B
Thanks for the replies. I have 200 LRM and a couple thousand LR. But I will use the LRM primes and try to find more when I blow through those. Thanks

Wapiti1

WKR
There is no reason they will not work fine if you are using high case fill powder. I use standard LR primers in most of my magnum size cartridges and have no issues. I get better ES with them in my 28 Nosler than with mag primers (CCI 250 verse Winchester LR). No ignition issues down to -20F.

The PRC isn't a large cartridge, so magnum isn't needed, IMO. It's only slightly bigger than 280 AI.

Jeremy