9x45 vs 11x45 Sig and Maven

I’ve been looking at the Sig Zulu 9 and Maven B2’s and wondering what most prefer for an all around bino?

These seem to have the same specs and I’m finding the Zulu’s cheaper.

Does anyone have experience comparing the two? Also how are the 11’s handholding? Really looking for an all around bino. Also let me know if anyone is selling a pair.

Thanks!

AdamW724

FNG
I’ve had 11x45 b2s for 3 years. They are great out west on an elk hunt in CO and bear hunt in MT. They are a little bulky in the whitetail stand back east, but they still work.
I have never compared them to the sig binos but I definitely like them better than my buddies 10x42 vortex razors.

I haven't tried the 11s but I have the 9x mavens and love the light gathering ability and the FOV. They're little heavy and bulky but I don't care, the glass is well worth it.

jfs82

WKR
I bought sig zulu 9 11x45 (had maven B 8x42) because I found a pair with a damaged box for around 640 bucks. Great bino's, particularly great at that price. They are bulky but it makes them easier to handhold.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I’ve had 11x45 b2s for 3 years. They are great out west on an elk hunt in CO and bear hunt in MT. They are a little bulky in the whitetail stand back east, but they still work.
I have never compared them to the sig binos but I definitely like them better than my buddies 10x42 vortex razors.
Thanks so much. They do seem a little bulky from a size and eight standpoint.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I bought sig zulu 9 11x45 (had maven B 8x42) because I found a pair with a damaged box for around 640 bucks. Great bino's, particularly great at that price. They are bulky but it makes them easier to handhold.
That’s a killer price. So no problem handholding the 11’s? Do you like the ergonomics of the Sig compared to the Maven’s?

jfs82

WKR
That’s a killer price. So no problem handholding the 11’s? Do you like the ergonomics of the Sig compared to the Maven’s?
I had no issue with the ergonomics of either. But the price difference made it an easy call for me. Regarding handholding, I usually handhold binoculars using the bill of hat for extra stability no matter what.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I had no issue with the ergonomics of either. But the price difference made it an easy call for me. Regarding handholding, I usually handhold binoculars using the bill of hat for extra stability no matter what.
Makes sense thanks so much. Really appreciate it.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
There is a pretty thorough review of the 9x45s on YouTube by Edge of the Outback. Worth a watch if you haven’t seen it yet. I want to say he mentioned looking at the Sigs or he had them previously. Could be wrong. Another video where him and another Aussie compare a lot of similar option binos on the Hunting Arete YT channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kyle Wheeler
For all around use, get the 9x. If you're using a tripod the majority of the time, then 11x makes sense. The 9's are great off a tripod, the 11's are not great handheld.
Thank you! These would be for all around bino so the 9’s seem to make more sense.