A little help with a Triax, please.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll try to make this short but still give the details. Last week got the timing and ATA right and had a BS bullet hole at 12ish feet. Yesterday I noticed my D-loop was shredding so I replaced it. I shot another BS and I have a low left tear. I’ve slowly moved the loop to almost completely get the low tear out but it’s tearing left with a BS and fletched. Then it hit me, I just visually timed it by lining the cable with the hole in the cam. I put it in my draw board and the top cam hits the cable before the bottom cam does. So how do I know which cam to move? Does adding twists speed up the cam or slow it down? The ATA is still right but my DW was about 68# on 70# limbs. And that’s with the limb bolts bottomed out.

I realize replacing the D-loop didn’t make the bow get out of time. Apparently it wasn’t timed correctly in the first place and my bullet holes were luck 🙄 Some of it may’ve been me. I was running out of daylight and had to go to work so I was rushing it.
Thanks!

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
If the top cam is hitting first, I add twists to the top cam cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I did what you said and it threw off the bottom cam. A half a twist here and there on each got me really close but not perfect. I have been able to get it dead on in the past. Every time I move one, the other ends up off a smidge. I guess that’s ok because I got a bullet hole with a BS?

Also, what’s the general rule as far as which cam to adjust when the timing is off?

Thanks for your help!

I don’t have a triax. I’ve had a couple v3 and v3x series bows. If a half twist makes the other cam hit first then I’d roll the yoke cables a couple times to bring the top one back to hitting a little sooner. Rolling the yokes has always been something I had to do on Mathews. Seems like the cam timing is more sensitive to cable twists than my other brand bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
So if the top cam is a little behind, add a twist to each yoke cable on the top cam? How important is it to be dead on?

Zac

WKR
So if the top cam is a little behind, add a twist to each yoke cable on the top cam? How important is it to be dead on?
Not important. If your using a Last Chance for timing it will be different from you physically drawing the bow anyway. They are never exactly perfect. If your pulling hard into the wall it won’t make any noticeable difference. If your BS is good then you can move on.

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Not important. If your using a Last Chance for timing it will be different from you physically drawing the bow anyway. They are never exactly perfect. If your pulling hard into the wall it won’t make any noticeable difference. If your BS is good then you can move on.
Thanks!

Reactions: Zac