A virus and guns!

7mmag

Lil-Rokslider
Gun sales on Long Island NY went through the roof lines block long. The stores sold out of most inventory mostly shotguns and ammo . Probably a lot of first time buyers with no experience with a firearm. God help us all.

OP

7mmag

Lil-Rokslider
Also all gun shops closed till further notice.

You never actually know if or when you'll need a firearm, the smart person always has one while the victims wish they did.

You never actually know if or when you'll need a firearm, the smart person always has one while the victims wish they did.

Exactly it’s not about paranoia by any means it’s about preparation for anything that comes your way, same logic that you bring a jacket if it might get cold, to me at least.

MattB

WKR
Let's be honest, it is generally about paranoia - the same as overbuying TP and bottled water. I would bet the folks who are buying guns at this point are predominantly first time buyers who may not know how to use them either mechanically or tactically.

jmez

WKR
If you already own guns, why would you go stand in lines blocks long to get another one? On the plus side, guys in Long Island will probably be able to pick up some pretty nice stuff cheap in the second hand market in a few months!

Let's be honest, it is generally about paranoia - the same as overbuying TP and bottled water. I would bet the folks who are buying guns at this point are predominantly first time buyers who may not know how to use them either mechanically or tactically.

Bullcrap. As a CCW permit holder I can guarantee you SOME PEOPLE ACCEPT PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SAFETY AND THAT OF THEIR LOVED ONES. There are evil people everywhere, you either are prepared to deal with them or you aren't.

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
Bull rap. As a CCW permit holder I can guarantee you SOME PEOPLE ACCEPT PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SAFETY AND THAT OF THEIR LOVED ONES. There are evil people everywhere, you either are prepared to deal with them or you aren't.
Being a CCW holder has nothing to do with it. Its like saying you are an NRA certified anything...don't mean jack.

I agree with MattB and jmez...the huge influx of ammo purchases and gun purchases is plain and simply a panic buy situation. I agree some people accept responsibility...but why is that responsibility hitting people RIGHT NOW...BECAUSE OF PANIC! You even back this up buy saying you are either prepared or not. Guess what if you have to go out and buy a gun RIGHT NOW because of this situation you were not/are not prepared and these people are in a PANIC.

Now on the other side I bet a bunch of people also went ad bought guns to resell at higher prices because of what happened during the last panic buy. But, I will put money down saying the vast majority are straight up panic buying.

Wapiti1

WKR
I made a map of where all my guns are hidden around the house and put it in the secret wall safe. We managed to find spots so you are never more than 4 feet from a firearm. 38 in all to cover my house. Turns out I had enough to do it right, and my wife finally came around to my way of thinking that it never hurts to have one more 1911.

Best part, I made enough room in my gun safe to store our toilet paper supply. The other safe is full of Mountain House and beef jerky.

In all seriousness, I have some sympathy for those that find this unnerving and are seeking protection. It's that realization that mom and dad can't just make it better anymore. A shocking number of people think that way about law enforcement and our government. When seconds matter, the police are minutes away. That said, there is a big difference between prudence and panic. Prudence is probably not winning the day.

Jeremy

Some people will argue just for the sake of argument. WCB is one of them. You fail to recognize the obvious...self protection is self protection REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES that motivate a person to accept personal responsibility for their safety and ability to defend themselves from others. History teaches us that a compromise in humanity and disasters go hand in hand. We saw this after hurricanes Andrew & Katrina, Australia had widespread looting and theft during the firestorms, when normal life is interrupted, people do bad things. If it takes a major event for you to finally wake up and prepare...so be it. Some people do it just out of common sense. The motivation is of zero importance, the recognition that you and YOU ALONE are responsible for your ability to defend your loved is all that matters. Criticizing people for finally figuring it out during a period of increased risk is something small minded people do. Open your mind to the bigger picture. If a group of armed men are trying to break down your door...do you wanna be holding a firearm or a phone?

I got this from my insurance company via email today. It specifically addresses weapons and the Coronavirus. https://ccwsafe.com/blog/31920

Last edited:

SWOHTR

WKR
I don’t need to buy a gun, my work drives around with one.

(I actually did do some firearm redispersal at home though).

Attachments

• 1332E1F1-5029-480B-8352-C46564D0E96E.jpeg
    1332E1F1-5029-480B-8352-C46564D0E96E.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 50
Oh geezer, I don't have a gun.

I have several, and ammo to boot. Oh and reloading equipment.

Gun shop owners should look up each customer's voter registration. Democrats should have to wait 7 days before buying one. Then they'll get a taste of the BS they want to inflict on the rest of us.

Okhotnik

WKR

Your God given right to buy bottled water and tp and be paranoid shall not be infringed.

Luckily this 12 year old girl had many year of SWAT training that saved her from being raped and killed

at this dear old lady just finished SEAL training I bet

Thank you tactical training

Thank God this wheelchair bound woman had years of tactical training that saved her life

Last edited:

OldGrayJB

WKR
I agree that most of the buyers right now are probably trying to get A GUN. Not another one for the collection.

I know someone who bought a pistol during the last crisis. Bought one box of ammo. Shot half of it for practice. Then called me after SHTF this time wanting to know if I knew where to get ammo. Smart people were already prepared.

It is crazy all the guns that were bought however at least people are buying them. At least now people understand the need for firearms. Some cities are extremely close to martial law as we speak. Same cities also have been told that police aren’t going to respond to theft crimes anymore.

What do you think happens after they declare that? The wolves come out. Being armed now is more important than ever before. Anyone can sit back and offer their downplay of paranoia until they are the ones getting jacked.

I think once this whole situation is over, we will feel the effect of it’s economic and policy impact for a long time. The 2nd Anendment will be held in high regard as after this situation, IMO.

Reactions: WCB

WCB

WKR
Some people will argue just for the sake of argument. WCB is one of them. You fail to recognize the obvious...self protection is self protection REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES that motivate a person to accept personal responsibility for their safety and ability to defend themselves from others. History teaches us that a compromise in humanity and disasters go hand in hand. We saw this after hurricanes Andrew & Katrina, Australia had widespread looting and theft during the firestorms, when normal life is interrupted, people do bad things. If it takes a major event for you to finally wake up and prepare...so be it. Some people do it just out of common sense. The motivation is of zero importance, the recognition that you and YOU ALONE are responsible for your ability to defend your loved is all that matters. Criticizing people for finally figuring it out during a period of increased risk is something small minded people do. Open your mind to the bigger picture. If a group of armed men are trying to break down your door...do you wanna be holding a firearm or a phone?

Obviously you didn't read what I wrote. I agreed with the main premise of your post. I didn't argue that someone shouldn't be prepared but people all of a sudden buying en-mass is because they are in a panic. I don't argue for the sake of arguing but you just plain and simply dismissed the fact that there is even a chance that there is a panic buy going on. You frame it as the large uptick of gun purchases are well thought out strategic plans buy a lot of people who have never owned a gun.

If this is what it takes for people to reasonably take their own safety and protection into consideration then good for them I am not criticizing. But to say that some level of it is not reactionary to panic and paranoia is IMO "small minded". But I guess I'm small minded so take it for what it is.

So you disagreeing with someone is fine but me disagreeing with you is wrong? got ya

I'm sure there are some first time buyers but my guess is there are lots of folks who already like guns and are using this as an excuse to justify buying more. I have plenty of freaking guns and I found myself looking at new tuned up glocks, MDRx/Tavor, and AR pistols the past couple days.

Last edited: