A warning.....

Broomd

WKR
Guys, my clean T100 truck and just-purchased Yamaha Grizzly 700 were stolen right from our hotel parking lot in Renton WA early Thursday morning. Bike was chained down right to the bed with a logging chain.
Aside from realizing that the Renton area is full of low life mother f*cking thieves, I learned some things from others about AwareGPS and motion sensors to put on your stuff.
I don't know if our stuff will be recovered, but I doubt it, especially the quad; but I've learned how I will protect my stuff henceforth.
Educate yourselves about theft prevention and by all means be fully insured! Thank goodness I called my insurance company immediately after purchasing that bike for comprehesive theft coverage. The indemnity process is a complete pita, but hopefully we won't lose thousands.

If any of you WA boys or gals spot either of these, let me know....

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_d1a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_d1a.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 403
  • fullsizeoutput_d43.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_d43.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, that sucks. Hopefully someone will see that damn nice truck. I spent a career over with King County SO, so I'll put the word out with some guys that are still embracing the suck.
And yes, it's a shithole.

Randy

Washington plates I assume????

JWP58

WKR
Chances are both will turn up, the pickup sooner than later. Where I'm at they usually turn up in the 2 to 3 day period, especially if they're entered ncic. The ATV might take longer. Watch Facebook selling groups and craigslist.

The pickup I'd imagine has already been traded for dope.

Silly question just out of curiosity, was the truck locked and keys with you?

Hope you get your stuff back in one peice.

Insurance. If thieves want your stuff they will take it. Not much you can really do if they want it bad enough.

I feel for you. Anymore I get real nervous leaving a truck in a parking lot that looks like it has any kind of value in it. Good luck in the recovery.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
Pig f***ers!! Just makes you want to punch them in the throat and watch their bodies remember how to breathe! Nothing worse than a thief! I hope it turns out well for you!

colersu22

WKR
Sorry to hear about that, I can keep an eye out. I always hate working in Renton but just like any city there are bad areas and good areas.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Thanks, fellas and I mean that. It's only metal--stuff--but it still really stings. Those scumbags got alot of our personal info from the glove box.
Idaho plates, the mountain goat specialty license plates.
And yes, everything was locked down, keys with me. Truck was in a well-lit spot, but the sec. camera wasn't pointed there.
I can't help but wonder if it was an inside job.

Wrench

WKR
I know your pain. My once clean 12 valve was stolen by some tweakers who used it to rip off more folks. I got it back hammered. I ended up going to the insurance commission to get square. If they are a pita....call the commission.

I gained 10 grand with a phone call.

I am in Washington I will keep my eyes peeled for ya, and Renton is a shit hole plus the heroin and meth epidemic here doesn’t help anything. It’s bull and I hope it all works out. Sorry this happened to ya

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dang that sucks to lose your stuff but worse it was out of town stranding you out there

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Yep, drove a rental car home from Seattle to St. Maries, Idaho and then back Spokane the next day to return the car.

We were exhausted from all of the bullsh!t.

EastMT

WKR
Man that sucks, sorry for the PITA, time involved dealing with it, loss of personal stuff.

When I was a kid, we moved from po-dunkville to Spokane. Dad didn’t want to cause a scene carting his old Winchester pump 22 rifle in the motel. First night in a big city, the first gun dad ever shot from his grandpa was stolen and a window broken.

Gun probably wasn’t even worth enough for a good high likely.

Sucks, but it’s not just Renton, it’s everywhere even the little towns that we always left our keys in the car. Dope has a strangle hold nation wide right now, like the crack high 80’s but it’s not focused in mostly metropolis areas.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.