Addicted in Oregon

Fjtoyman

FNG
First off, I'm totally addicted to this site! Second my wife totally hates it!!, you've been like a mistress since I found Rokslide 3 weeks ago. :cool:

I've bow hunted my whole life. In 2000 I quit shooting compound and now shoot traditional equipment. I've always back pack hunted and going to a long bow was my biggest weight reduction yet in my hunting equipment. Along with the compound the range finder, release and tools went out of my inventory.

Archery is also my families favorite past time. Our vacations are usually centered around some sort of archery event. My wife, 3.5 y/o son and 19 month old daughter shoot. Yup I sit on a bucket and she stands between my knees and pulls back on her little recurve and releases the arrow. We are pretty good out to about 3 yards.

Its been a while since I've upgraded my stuff due to having kids and lack of funds. But I hope to upgrade a few item this year. The knowledge and info on this site will be a big help in getting the most bang for my buck.

I live on the rainy side of the state in Salem but enjoy hunting all over and mainly try and find roadless areas to chase game. Elk is by far my favorite followed closely by Blacktail in the late November rut.

I have the best job in the world. I'm fortunate enough to be a Portland Fire Fighter.

Thanks
Andy Ponce

Andy:

Welcome to RS. It's a great website and tons of information.

I'm just to the south of you in Albany, I still shoot compound bows..havent been brave enough to try more traditional.

Jason

Go team Oregon. And another Valley dweller to boot. I am from up in Molalla. A lot of info on backcountry hunting here. It has been a blessing and a curse for me as well, but I have better gear than ever before and don't waste money experimenting as much as i used to.

welcome aboard ANDY!!

maybe our wives and husbands should start some support group..hahah

Back