Adjustable Trailer Hitch Ball Mount

treillw

WKR
What do you all think of these hitches? They adjust in 2.5" increments, whereas other adjustables use one inch increments (I think). Do you think 2.5" adjustments are adequate for leveling the trailer out? I'm struggling to find an adjustable one that has a 1" diameter hole to attach a max coupler for my offroad camper, as well as 9" of drop and 6" of rise. Any suggestions?

MEGA-DUTY-Explanation-Video-Cover-Photo-scaled.jpg

WTFJohn

WKR
Do yourself a favor and buy a B&W tow and stow hitch, it'll be the last one you ever buy.

I have a 2" and a 2.5" B&W with one tow a piece on them, and will happily sell either for a good price.

taskswap

WKR
I can also personally speak for the Bulletproof line. They don't stow like the B&W (well, not as smoothly anyway) but can be had in more weight-range options - up to 36,000lbs. Not everybody needs that weight range, but it's nice to have the peace of mind, and since I'm usually towing about half that, I'm expecting it to last basically forever.

The GenY looks nice and I know their torsion couplers are really popular. But the way they designed that hitch it doesn't look quite as flexible as the B&W or Bulletproof in terms of the number of positions you can put it in. Just food for thought...

Cubby

WKR
Thanks for this. I haven't seen them. What do you like about them?
They stow under and out of the way and the balls are nonremovable so no one will steal them,and really with mine I can flip it over so it adjusts 12"
I have a 2" and a 2.5" B&W with one tow a piece on them, and will happily sell either for a good price.
Not sure who your talking to here but I'm not looking for a hitch

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I can also personally speak for the Bulletproof line. They don't stow like the B&W (well, not as smoothly anyway) but can be had in more weight-range options - up to 36,000lbs. Not everybody needs that weight range, but it's nice to have the peace of mind, and since I'm usually towing about half that, I'm expecting it to last basically forever.

The GenY looks nice and I know their torsion couplers are really popular. But the way they designed that hitch it doesn't look quite as flexible as the B&W or Bulletproof in terms of the number of positions you can put it in. Just food for thought...
Yeah, I'm wondering about the flexibility of it with only being able to adjust in 2.5" increments.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Do yourself a favor and buy a B&W tow and stow hitch, it'll be the last one you ever buy.
Just gave them a call. It looks like it wont work for me because of my max coupler. I need a plain tongue with a 1" diamter hole through it to bolt the coupler to. Here is a photo of it. Not many people make a plain tongue that adjusts 9".

Max Coupler MC1000 Off-Road Trailer Hitch — CB Adventure Supply

crich

WKR
No experience with that hitch but theres nothing I hate more than a sloppy adjustable hitch thats rattling around with an unloaded trailer.
#Northern tool

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
No experience with that hitch but theres nothing I hate more than a sloppy adjustable hitch thats rattling around with an unloaded trailer.
#Northern tool
Are you suggesting I look something up on Northern Tool? Thanks!

crich

WKR
Are you suggesting I look something up on Northern Tool? Thanks!
No I tried one of their adjustable aluminum hitch and it was a sloppy mess. Switched to BW and its night and day. I only ever tow my 30ft enclosed anymore with an equalizer setup so I havent paid much attention to the current adjustable options on the market.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of these on a 450...

This one does 2" incremements...I don't think 2.5" would be much different, but I think all the sockets on the one you are looking at would be a PITA.

Also, I don't really have to change the position often, I usually just switch from 2" to 2.5" and even that is occasionally. Most of my trailers require a lot of drop from the 450 and my 150, usually around 5" but every situation is naturally going to be different.

1710546047779.png

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
So you are looking to drop your max coupler down?
Raise the max coupler. I have a tall offroad camper and sometimes I would rather tow it with the standard truck than the lifted jeep. It sits pretty much level with my jeep with lift and 37s.