Advice Needed: Upgrade Cost - Vipers to SLCs

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Hi. I have a like-new pair of Japanese-made Vortex Vipers in 10x42. I’d like to upgrade my binos. I found a 1 year old pair of Swarovski SLC 10x42s. The guy is willing to take my Vipers on trade. What is a fair amount of money for me to pay to boot if I give him my Vipers? Thanks in advance for your thought and time!

AGPank

WKR
Retail you are looking at $650 vs $1750, $1100 difference.

I can easily find new vipers for $475. Would guess used $400–450.

Used SLC I would rate $1300 as great price up to $1400.

So trade $850 -$900 range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think AGPank's breakdown is very accurate. Although I can't help but wonder, who would want to trade thier slc's for vipers? I'm sure there is a reason, but I can't seem to think of one

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
I would ask just how well you know this guy? Just to be double sure this is on the up and up, get the serial number of the SLC. Call Swarovski and check out the number. I would also have to wonder just a tad bit about anybody who would take on trade Vipers for an SLC. Not that I automatically distrust people, I don't automatically trust either. Like the Regan saying...trust but verify. Might mean the difference between hot merchandise vs a legal used binocular which Swarovski will service under their warranty.

If it checks out, AGPank is just about where I'd want to start.

Last edited:
OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to all for the replies and info. Much appreciated. I’ll take all of your advice before proceeding. This is a great site!

Chico103

Lil-Rokslider
Ditto on checking into it more. I tried to go from SLC’s back to Razors to get some money for other toys but I couldn’t do it after looking through the Razor glass again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
weisenbu

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
We weren’t able to come to terms - Ug - the search continues!!! Thanks to all who provided input. Much appreciated.