“Affordable” long range scopes

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a scope in MRAD for a long range hunting rig for backpacking. So far what has caught my interest is Maven, Tract, and the Bushnell LRHS2. Most important to me is tracking accuracy and zero retention followed by a good reticle with wind hold hash marks and locking/capped wind turrets. Weight is also important as this is going on a pack rig. Hoping to spend less than 2k. Less would be better. I have an original LRHS. It’s been solid. The only think I would like improved on is additional hash marks in the reticle and at full power the post is a little to thick.

LightFoot

WKR
Nightforce NX8
Leupold Mark 5HD
Vortex Razor LHT

In that order...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
For $850 you cannot go wrong with the Bushnell LRTSi, if the reticle works for you.

I sold mine for a zeiss simply to drop a handful of ounces, but I really, really like that Bushnell.

And I've owned alpha glass from S&B and Kahles...with excellent vision, I have a tough time justifying the additional <$2-3k for those scopes.

OP
C

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
For $850 you cannot go wrong with the Bushnell LRTSi, if the reticle works for you.

I sold mine for a zeiss simply to drop a handful of ounces, but I really, really like that Bushnell.

And I've owned alpha glass from S&B and Kahles...with excellent vision, I have a tough time justifying the additional <$2-3k for those scopes.
I have a LRTS and LRHS and feel the same. Glass clarity isn’t so important to me on a scope - I’m not suing it to locate game, it just has to be “good enough” to get the job done. I just with the reticle has .2 mil hash’s instead of .5. Bushnell is t selling the LRTSi though anymore I thought.

OP
C

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have experience with the Leupold’s? The last couple I had experience with had issues, so I have been jaded to the brand ever since. That was 6 or 7 years ago. Maybe they have improved?

Vandy321

WKR
I have a LRTS and LRHS and feel the same. Glass clarity isn’t so important to me on a scope - I’m not suing it to locate game, it just has to be “good enough” to get the job done. I just with the reticle has .2 mil hash’s instead of .5. Bushnell is t selling the LRTSi though anymore I thought.
They aren't selling them new, check on here or on LRH forum.

I'd say the zeiss is worth looking at but MRAD isn't avail in the V4

OP
C

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider