AG stocks for factory tikka lite !

Stalker69

WKR
So AG does not sell theIr stockS to drop in a factory action and barrel. They said to contact a gunsmith to have it inlaid, who are you guys using, and what’s the cost ? I take it you can buy the stock from the gun smith also.

Spoonbill

WKR
So AG does not sell theIr stockS to drop in a factory action and barrel. They said to contact a gunsmith to have it inlaid, who are you guys using, and what’s the cost ? I take it you can buy the stock from the gun smith also.
I ordered mine from hells canyon armory and it was inletted for a tikka. That was a few years ago, maybe things changed, but i would reach out to hells canyon armory and see if Mike can order you one.

83cj-7

WKR
Last year I ordered two AG Privateers for my T3s. One was inletted for a Proof Sendero and the other was for a factory lite barrel. You can’t order from AG, I had to go through a third party. I went through Oregon Mountain Rifles. I know there is some negative reviews on RS about OMR, but he was great to work with and I got my stocks in about the quoted timeframe.

Just a warning, I’ve used two for a T3 and my friend got one for a Defiance. The trigger guard inlets were not correct on either one. We had to mill down the pillars and open up the inlet in order for them to fit properly. I’ve read that this is a common problem with AG which is kinda disgusting because a $250 Bell and Carlson fits a T3 perfect.

Lawnboi

WKR

Give this a read before going AG.

I don’t have an LRI inlet stock bud do know they will do it for tikkas, have seen where they go as far as building up the tang on a 700 stock to inlet correctly for a tikka. It’s an option but it ain’t cheap.

I’d buy another mcmillan or manners along with many of the chassis options but I would not put a tikka in another AG till they for sure have their inlet ironed out. How it took the end users of semi custom built rifles to figure out there is a problem is beyond me but they got some ground to make up IMO.

KU_Geo

WKR
Agree with lawnboi. Had an AG and their tikka inlets need work. Which is odd since the make Mesa precision’s stock and those seem pretty decent I let for tikkas. McMillans are usually good to go from the 2 that I have had for tikkas.

The inletting problems with AG and tikka actions seemed to be limited to a couple of models from reading other's experiences. The privateer and sportsman don't have any reviews showing inletting problems.

When I called them recently, they said I had to order through a gunsmith but it did sound like they do the inletting. I think having to go through a gunsmith might have to do with whether or not they fix the recoil lug into the stock or leave it loose for post sale bedding.

If I had the money, I'd buy a privateer or sportsman without worrying.

Lawnboi

WKR
The inletting problems with AG and tikka actions seemed to be limited to a couple of models from reading other's experiences. The privateer and sportsman don't have any reviews showing inletting problems.

When I called them recently, they said I had to order through a gunsmith but it did sound like they do the inletting. I think having to go through a gunsmith might have to do with whether or not they fix the recoil lug into the stock or leave it loose for post sale bedding.

If I had the money, I'd buy a privateer or sportsman without worrying.
They also mentioned making new molds for tikkas. There’s a reason manners and mcmillan use different molds for their tikka stocks and not just bore out a 700 stock. And I wouldn’t say the mesa is without problems, or the one Iv taken apart multiple times I was not impressed. Longer screws made the mag fit very sloppy, still worked though. Not many threads holding on either.

Either way I have no idea why someone would go with them for a tikka with the options available now from mcmillan, manner and chassis companies like xlr and krg

Ucsdryder

WKR
They also mentioned making new molds for tikkas. There’s a reason manners and mcmillan use different molds for their tikka stocks and not just bore out a 700 stock. And I wouldn’t say the mesa is without problems, or the one Iv taken apart multiple times I was not impressed. Longer screws made the mag fit very sloppy, still worked though. Not many threads holding on either.

Either way I have no idea why someone would go with them for a tikka with the options available now from mcmillan, manner and chassis companies like xlr and krg
I loooove the feel of my AG composites stock. It’s hard to explain, but it just feels so full in my grip. It sucks up recoil very well. I’m out on the chassis. My buddy has one, I was so jealous right up until I shot it. Not even close for me.

I loooove the feel of my AG composites stock. It’s hard to explain, but it just feels so full in my grip. It sucks up recoil very well. I’m out on the chassis. My buddy has one, I was so jealous right up until I shot it. Not even close for me.
Don't handcuff yourself
I guarantee you there's nothing magical that a Manners, McMillan, Mesa,or MPI won't do better.
Damn that's a lot of Ms 🤓

Lawnboi

WKR
Well, they have the lowest drop at heel of any ultralight stock after alterra. So that's my reason I'd go with a privateer or sportsman over McMillan or manners
Not saying I didn’t like the ergonomics. Drop at heel dosnt matter when you sheared off the thread and a half holding the rear of your action on.

An eh1 feels damn close to the alpine hunter without the annoying squared off fore end

Not saying I didn’t like the ergonomics. Drop at heel dosnt matter when you sheared off the thread and a half holding the rear of your action on.

An eh1 feels damn close to the alpine hunter without the annoying squared off fore end

I completely agree with you. If I wanted on of the models similar in shape to an alpine hunter and didn't want to wait for positive news on their new molds, I'd go McMillan 100%.

But I'm only interested in the two models I mentioned and haven't seen anyone saying they have limited screw engagement or magfeed problems with those.