AG stocks for factory tikka lite !

I have 2 Mesa Alpine stocks with CTR bottom metal inlets and factory lite barrel inlets.
Both stocks required considerable fitting of the bottom metal, and one had the action inlet too shallow that it wouldn't pick a shell up from the mag.

Matt with AG has confirmed that Mesa does the inletting. I like the stock itself, but the inletting was a hassle to work through. Much better now.

Last edited:
I have 2 Mesa Alpine stocks with CTR bottom metal inlets and factory lite barrel inlets.
Both stocks required considerable fitting of the bottom metal, and one had the action inlet too shallow that it wouldn't pick a shell up from the mag. That one went back to Mesa (and I assume then back to AG) for a reinlet of the action. It's good now, but was a hassle.
Hello,
Matt from AG. All the Mesa stocks we send to Mesa are flat tops, they do all inletting on their end. We've had a few people ask if we inlet Mesa stocks so I wanted to clarify. Thanks.

Hello,
Matt from AG. All the Mesa stocks we send to Mesa are flat tops, they do all inletting on their end. We've had a few people ask if we inlet Mesa stocks so I wanted to clarify. Thanks.
Thanks Matt. Very helpful in understanding where the issue lies.

With these Mesa stocks on a Tikka is the comb plenty high enough to run a 50mm scope? Just looking at them in pics the comb height appears raised but is it raised enough.

Back