AGC full harness Upgrade

FlyGuy

This thread gave me an idea to change out the top buckles. I replaced the original AGC buckles with locking buckles from Kifaru a couple years ago. They worked fine, but I really don’t need 4 buckles on a bino harness. I only use one, and I didn’t like the added length of using buckles on top (I like my harness to ride as high as possible and have room for a chest rig bear pistol below it.).

Seeing the way you attached the straps gave me the idea. Since I can’t sew I rigged up a simple system with a couple of kifaru parts (I think they are called K-clips? The black plastic thingies) and the existing ladder locks.

You can’t cheat the mountain

aa_smith11

I did my own little rendition to this mod. Really happy with it. Super amateur sewer, but no shame here, it’ll hold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverbullet555

I went ahead and swapped out my top buckles on my AGC with ladderloc split bars. I liked the j hooks, but they always came undone. I still have locking buckles on the side straps and one of those might go at some point, but I am still playing with pouches, etc.

Coyote188

Its not their harness that's heavy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Agreed, I wasn't looking to reduce weight, just was not a fan of their original harness. Like the OP, I thought it was overkill and had been planning on a DIY harness to replace it. Maybe they should have named it the KISS harness instead of Ultralight?

Now, if someone can tell me where I can buy Duraflex SJ Gatekeeper Tensionlocks for 1" webbing, I will be all set.